PEEPS & COMPANY and Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
| » View all news titles
|| » View titles this week
||» View titles this month
Sweetening June at National Harbor
National Harbor, MD, May 27, 2011 – Retailer PEEPS & COMPANY® will be supporting Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) throughout June at National Harbor. While activities will be focused around the 8th Annual ALSF National Lemonade Days on June 10-12, there are special events taking place and items for sale throughout the month. These include:
- Themed t-shirts: PEEPS & COMPANY® will sell ALSF and MIKE AND IKE® logo tees for men and women, with 10% of proceeds going to ALSF.
- Paper Lemons: For $1 each, paper lemons will be sold and posted at PEEPS & COMPANY® to raise funds for ALSF.
- ALSF rubber bracelets will also be available for sale at the store with all proceeds going to ALSF.
- Rita’s Alex’s Lemonade Water Ice: ALSF Water Ice will be given away in front of PEEPS & COMPANY® on June 11th.
- National Children’s Museum: On June 11-12, The National Children’s Museum will host an ALSF-focused craft corner, with each participant receiving a coupon for a treat redeemable at the PEEPS & COMPANY® Store.
- Hero Families: Special ALSF hero families will visit National Harbor on June 11th-12th. On Saturday, the families will hand out Rita’s Alex’s Lemonade Water Ice, and educate customers about the foundation. On Sunday, they will introduce the National Harbor Sunday Family Movie Nights. During the pre-show, National Harbor will show a video about ALSF.
- Stone Wall Kitchen: On June 11-12, PEEPS & COMPANY® will partner with Stone Wall kitchen to serve Lemonade in reusable, “Chillin’ With My PEEPS”, no sweat cups for $10.00 with 10% of proceeds going to ALSF.
- Throughout June, PEEPS & COMPANY® will have exterior store signage that will include the MIKE AND IKE®/ALSF “Support A Sweet Cause” slogan (seen above).
Karen Simonet, General Manager of the PEEPS & COMPANY® store, commented, “We are so excited to partner with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation at our incredible National Harbor location. While MIKE AND IKE® fans have embraced ALSF for several years, this month long event will help to educate many new fans in a fun and delicious way”.
For fans who want to participate but are too far away, they can visit www.peepsandcompany.com. Here they will be able to purchase the t-shirts, paper lemons and ALSF bracelets at the store all month long.
Just Born, Inc. is a privately owned company founded in 1923 and headquartered in Bethlehem, PA, where it manufactures PEEPS®, HOT TAMALES®, MIKE AND IKE®, MIKE AND IKE ZOURS® and TEENEE BEANEE® Brand Candies. PEANUT CHEWS® Brand Candies are produced in Philadelphia, PA. All Just Born candies are made in the U.S.A. PEEPS AND COMPANY®, PEEPS®, HOT TAMALES®, MIKE & IKE® and PEANUT CHEWS® are registered marks of Just Born Inc. All rights reserved.
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott (1996-2004). At the age of 4, Alex announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer. Since Alex held that first stand, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement, complete with thousands of volunteers across the country carrying on her legacy of hope. To date, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a registered 501(c)3 charity, has raised more than $40 million toward fulfilling Alex’s dream of finding a cure, funding over 150 research projects nationally. For more information visit www.AlexsLemonade.org
Contact: Ellie Deardorff 609.279.0977, [email protected] or Milena DeLuca 609.921.1695, [email protected].