Community Engagement Coordinator – TMM and KI Games
Our Vision is to cure childhood cancer, one cup at a time.
Your Vision is to use your critical-thinking skills and remarkable talents to make a difference in the world.
Join Team Alex and let’s work together to give kids fighting cancer the childhood and future they deserve!
About Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott (1996-2004). In 2000, 4-year-old Alex announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer. Since Alex held that first stand, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement, complete with thousands of supporters across the country carrying on her legacy of hope. To date, ALSF, a registered 501(c)3 charity, has raised more than $150 million toward fulfilling Alex’s dream of finding a cure, funding nearly 1,000 pediatric cancer research projects throughout North America. For more information about ALSF, visit AlexsLemonade.org.
Our Community Engagement Team is a dynamic group responsible for raising millions of dollars each year, and is the backbone of ALSF. As our Community Engagement Coordinator, one of your major responsibilities will be taking a proactive approach to continuing the growth of The Million Mile and Kick-It Games. Our Million Mile participants run, walk, bike and/or swim during September, Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and log their miles for kids with cancer. Kick-It was founded by 10-year-old Quinn Clarke during his second battle with cancer. He asked his parents if he could have a kickball game to raise money for childhood cancer research and that afternoon has since inspired thousands of supporters.
The already substantial growth and national interest in both The Million Mile and Kick-It has made it essential for year round planning and support from a motivated, self-starter who is innovative and creative yet detail oriented. The ideal candidate for this role is growth focused, thrives on designing, implementing and evaluating initiatives, and possess past professional experience that has honed outreach techniques and skills.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is critical to the team’s ability to provide excellent customer service to our supporters and enabling them to raise the maximum amount of funds to support the Foundation’s mission. Along with creating new programs and growing the current fundraising efforts, our Community Engagement Coordinator are responsible for day-to-day coaching of lemonade stand registrants, providing them with a unique and personalized experience from supplying materials to developing and implementing the communication and stewardship plan.
This position is located in the Bala Cynwyd, PA office and will report to the Community Engagement Manager. All employees of the Foundation undertake other duties as needed and special projects as assigned. All positions at ALSF require occasional non-traditional work hours including evenings and weekends.
- Accountable for the achievement of revenue targets while maintaining or staying under budget
- Manages a large national portfolio of constituents and grassroots fundraisers
- Responsible for ongoing engagement and stewardship of all Million Mile team captains as well as Kick It and ASLF Game organizers
- Consistently meets target deadlines for various projects and requests as assigned by manager
- Actively collaborates with staff from the Community Engagement and Partnerships teams in order to maximize success in fundraising.
- Works in partnership with the Family Services staff to incorporate mission activities and information into all events and communication.
- Effectively works with the Communications team in order to provide the best information to all constituents within fundraising portfolio
- Provides excellent customer service to all constituents, donors, and fundraisers to ensure a great experience
- Completes any other duties as assigned
Required Competencies and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience with 3-5 years fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success in creating and executing innovative community fundraising events
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in NetSuite or similar Customer Relationship Management system a plus
- Creative as well as detail and deadline oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze current workflow and implement effective processes and procedures
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast paced environment is required
- Self-starter who is always looking/open to improving own skills and knowledge
- Strong team player, quick learner and problem solver
- Strong work ethic with willingness to go above and beyond to reach goals
The successful candidate will thrive in ALSF’s fast-paced, unique environment and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our continued growth. This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining the Team Alex please submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience, interest and why you are the right fit for this position, including your salary requirements, to [email protected]. In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.
For more information about careers with ALSF, visit Alexslemonade.org/about/alsf-careers.