Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of 4-year-old Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was fighting cancer and wanted to raise money to find cures for all children with cancer. Her spirit and determination inspired others to support her cause, and when she passed away at the age of 8, she had raised $1 million. Since then, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement. Today, ALSF is one of the leading funders of pediatric cancer research in the U.S. and Canada raising more than $250 million so far, funding over 1,000 research projects and providing programs to families affected by childhood cancer. For more information, visit AlexsLemonade.org.
As the gatekeeper to the Foundation’s donor information, it all starts with you, the Data Entry Specialist. From the precise information you enter into NetSuite (our donor database), individual and sponsor fundraising totals will be updated, letters of appreciation and receipts will be created, internal metrics will be pulled, and important donor recognitions will be decided. In addition to entering this information into our database, you will play a key role in pulling information from this database and in working with our fundraising teams to help them make informed, data-driven decisions.
This job requires a mix of focus and attention to detail with enthusiasm and appreciation for the enormity of this role in the Foundation’s operation. This position is based our Bala Cynwyd office and requires you to be in the office daily.
- Acting as a team player and independent worker: entering constituent donations/registrations into donor database; working with fundraising teams to design and pull reports; collaborating cross-functionally with other teams; opening mail with staff, sending letters to acknowledge mailed donations
- Completing both routine and big-picture projects: running reports to assess accuracy of entries; suggesting and implementing more efficient processes.
- Demonstrating technological proficiency: Navigating a database system and working across multiple databases and reporting systems
- Partaking in external and internal communication: assisting staff with donor questions and requests; reporting updates to staff and management; assisting constituents with questions
- Commitment to professional growth: constantly seeking to improve one’s own skills; undertaking special projects as assigned; interested in knowing all aspects of the Foundation
Required Competencies and Skills
- 2+ years data entry or nonprofit experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe Reader
- Must type at least 45 WPM
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Stellar attention to details and deadlines
- Basic math and analytical skills
- Advanced customer service skills with excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, problem solver, quick learner
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed, typically for special events
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast-paced environment
- Able and willing to go above and beyond to successfully accomplish tasks
The successful candidate will thrive in ALSF’s fast-paced, unique environment and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our mission of changing the lives of children with cancer and their families. This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining the ALSF team, please submit a resume and an amazing cover letter describing your interest and why you would be the right fit for this position to [email protected]. In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.
For more information about careers with ALSF, visit www.alexslemonade.org/about/alsf-careers.