Engagement and Fundraising Associate
Our Vision is to cure childhood cancer, one cup at a time.
Your Vision is to use your critical-thinking skills and remarkable talents to make a difference in the world.
Join Team Alex and let’s work together to give kids fighting cancer the childhood and future they deserve
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of 4-year-old Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was fighting cancer and wanted to raise money to find cures for all children with cancer. Her spirit and determination inspired others to support her cause, and when she passed away at the age of 8, she had raised $1 million. Since then, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement. Today, ALSF is one of the leading funders of pediatric cancer research in the U.S. and Canada having raised more than $150 million so far, funding nearly 1,000 research projects and providing programs to families affected by childhood cancer. For more information, visit AlexsLemonade.org.
Our Community Engagement, Partnership, and Community Outreach teams are a dynamic group of fundraisers responsible for raising millions of dollars each year, and the backbone of ALSF. As our Engagement and Fundraising Associate you will be responsible for providing excellent day-to-day support to all three of these teams, comprised of more than 15 team members.
The Engagement and Fundraising Associate is critical to ALSF’s ability to provide excellent customer service to our fundraising supporters and enabling them to raise the maximum amount of funds to support the Foundation’s mission. The ideal candidate will be very well organized, have a strong ability to multi-task, and provide excellent support to not only the Community Engagement, Partnership, and Community Outreach teams, but to the entire ALSF organization.
This position is located in the Bala Cynwyd, PA office and will report to the Manager of Partnerships. All employees of the Foundation undertake other duties as needed and special projects as assigned. All positions at ALSF require occasional non-traditional work hours including evenings and weekends.
Required Competencies and Skills
- 1-2 years of office or support experience; previous experience with nonprofits a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Outlook with an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to analyze, compare and report on data via Excel
- Experience in NetSuite or similar Customer Relationship Management system a plus
- Creative as well as detail and deadline oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze current workflow and implement effective processes and procedures
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast paced environment is required
- Self-starter who is always looking/open to improving own skills and knowledge
- Strong team player, quick learner and problem solver
- Strong work ethic with willingness to go above and beyond to reach goals
- Pulls daily reports of fundraising events, researches each event and assigns the event to the appropriate fundraising coach; creates other reports as needed
- Provides a daily export of accurate addresses to an outside vendor for shipping of fundraising materials
- Maintains records of check batches for each department and confirms event IDs for all revenue received
- Assists in creating and mailing certificates to thank supporters
- Maintains relationship with offsite warehouse for shipment of fundraising materials
- Responsible for managing all collateral and merchandise inventory for the Community Engagement, Partnership, and Community Outreach teams
- Orders fundraising kit supplies and merchandise supplies including: wristbands, t-shirts, bandanas, tattoos, pens, and pins as well as research for new items
- Places all print collateral orders; researches vendors and finds the best value for printing
- Responsible for mailing fundraising kits and other event related materials as requested
- Conducts large mailings which includes creating mailing lists, printing labels and coordinating delivery with either the USPS or UPS
- Provides excellent customer service to all constituents, donors, and fundraisers to ensure a great experience
- Contributes innovative ideas to be accomplished within budget and deadlines
- Multitasks, assisting various team members who coordinate numerous campaigns simultaneously
The successful candidate will thrive in ALSF’s fast-paced, unique environment and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our continued growth. This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining the Team Alex please submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience, interest and why you are the right fit for this position, including your salary requirements, to [email protected]. In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.