Family Services Intern
Our Vision is to cure childhood cancer, one cup at a time.
Your Vision is to use your critical-thinking skills and remarkable talents to make a difference in the world.
Join Team Alex and let’s work together to give kids fighting cancer the childhood and future they deserve!
Our Family Services Team works directly with medical teams, families, and loved ones affected by childhood cancer through more than eight unique programs. In this fast paced role, responsibilities include processing program referrals, scheduling outreach efforts, following up with medical teams on referrals, and helping to enrich the content of our support services materials. Additionally, assistance with preparation for special events may be needed.
Traits for success in this role include:
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s (junior or senior year preferred) or Master’s degree in related field
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently, and autonomously to manage detailed tasks
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Flexible, positive attitude and concise communication style
- Deep understanding of family systems
- Sensitivity to stress and grief experienced by the families we work with
- Strong comfort level with Cloud-based systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint; ability to create Mail Merges is a must
Required Competencies and Skills
- Passionate about the mission of the Foundation
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player, self-motivator, quick learner and problem solver
- Strong work ethic with willingness to go above and beyond to reach goals
This paid internship is based out of our office in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania. Hours for the summer internship are 15-30 per week depending on availability. During the school year, internship hours are 10-15 per week depending on availability.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and why you are the right fit for the position to [email protected]de.org. In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.