Grant Writing and Stewardship Coordinator
Our Vision is to cure childhood cancer, one cup at a time.
Your Vision is to use your critical-thinking skills and remarkable talents to make a difference in the world.
Join Team Alex and let’s work together to give kids fighting cancer the childhood and future they deserve!
About Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra "Alex" Scott (1996-2004). In 2000, 4-year-old Alex announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer. Since Alex held that first stand, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement, complete with thousands of supporters across the country carrying on her legacy of hope. To date, Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a registered 501(c)(3) charity, has raised more than $150 million toward fulfilling Alex's dream of finding a cure, funding nearly 1,000 pediatric cancer research projects across North America. For more information about ALSF visit AlexsLemonade.org.
ALSF is seeking a Grant Writing and Stewardship Coordinator to become part of our dynamic team of childhood cancer game changers. We are looking for someone who is a highly motivated go getter who is willing to learn and really wants to make a difference. The Grant Writing and Stewardship Coordinator will work closely with the Development Manager to achieve fundraising goals by executing the foundation’s strategy on individual giving and charity partnerships. The Grant Writing and Stewardship Coordinator will be responsible for ALSF’s grant writing program and will provide support to other development activities including stewardship of donors and will create persuasive collateral materials. This individual will be expected to grow in the role and take on increasing levels of development responsibility over time including managing and increasing ALSF’s planned giving program.
- Responsible for the grant writing program at ALSF and meeting fundraising goals
- Execute grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and memorandums of understanding.
- Research funding opportunities and develop new relationships.
- Manage precise records, including grant calendar and all paper and electronic files.
- Keep all grant attachments updated and easily accessible.
- Draft personalized and compelling updates for donors and prospects that exceed expectations in both quality of content and aesthetic.
- Write thank you notes for individual donors.
- Assist with bulk mailings and special projects as needed, including End-of-Year Mailings, Annual Report creation, and more.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving development webpages
- Update Netsuite database to ensure accurate tracking of touchpoints with donors and prospects.
- Coordinate with Communications Team to identify donor stories for the website and to create printed collateral for the Development Team.
- Will track visits, share stories and report results regularly.
Required Competencies and Skills
- A “get it done” attitude. Willing to adapt and be resourceful to deliver results on time and exceed goals
- Experience using graphic design to create persuasive collateral materials including Adobe Illustrator and Canvas
- Strong organizational abilities, ability to multi-task, and deliver on deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in databases preferred including Raiser’s Edge and Netsuite
- Minimum of three years of work experience in grant writing or relevant development experience
The ideal candidate is eager to grow and to earn increasing levels of responsibility by meeting goals. They will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our organization’s mission and our department’s goals. This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining the ALSF development team, please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest and why you would be the right fit for this position, as well as salary requirements, to [email protected]. In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.