Our Vision is to cure childhood cancer, one cup at a time.
Your Vision is to use your critical-thinking skills and remarkable talents to make a difference in the world.
Join Team Alex and let’s work together to give kids fighting cancer the childhood and future they deserve!
About Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of 4-year-old Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was fighting cancer and wanted to raise money to find cures for all children with cancer. Her spirit and determination inspired others to support her cause, and when she passed away at the age of 8, she had raised $1 million. Since then, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement. Today, ALSF is one of the leading funders of pediatric cancer research in the U.S. and Canada raising more than $250 million so far, funding over 1,000 research projects and providing programs to families affected by childhood cancer. For more information, visit AlexsLemonade.org.
Our Family Services Team is an integral part of ALSF, working with childhood cancer families, and the childhood cancer community to ensure the best and most promising childhood cancer research is funded and that families have the support they need. As the Sr Family Services Coordinator, you will be responsible for the growth and implementation of multiple programs, event coordination, and research. In this high-visibility role, you will interact with both medical professionals (social workers, nurses, psychologists, child life specialists, etc.) and childhood cancer families.
ALSF is headquartered outside of Philadelphia in Bala Cynwyd, PA. Our team is currently working a hybrid of in office and remotely. For this reason, preference will be given to candidates who live in the Philadelphia area.
- Manage logistics of SuperSibs program, which supports siblings of a child with cancer. Responsible for the material development, coordination of mailings, including planning and inventory. Additionally responsible for recruitment, website content, and communication with hospitals and families regarding the program. Works closely with Family Services Specialist to ensure timely processing of program registrations and content distribution.
- Assist Family Services Team Manager with Travel for Care program, including review and approval of applications, coordinating travel accommodations, and payment tracking. Take the lead on assigned cases to see through to conclusion.
- Coordinate with Family Services Team Manager maintaining and updating resource directory, treatment journals, CCG school guides, and information packets requests as needed.
- Play an integral role on the team in evaluating and cross promoting programs including outreach to hospitals and families, completion of routine surveys, and the collection of stories, photos, quotes from medical professionals and families.
- Provide program data and information internally, and coordination with other ALSF teams for partner projects.
- Always be looking to improve programs, management, and ease of access for families and healthcare professionals. Think strategically, while implementing on a detailed plan.
Required Competencies and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of work experience in detail-oriented environment, or equivalent work experience; social work/case management experience preferred.
- Advanced project management skills, maintaining processes, creating processes, and documenting status of ongoing projects.
- Strong attention to details and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Salesforce or other database experience a plus, along with superior analytical and reporting skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate.
- Flexible, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and see them through from concept to completion.
- Ability to work independently and with the Family Services Team to meet the goals of the team.
- Ability to analyze current workflow and implement effective processes and procedures.
- Able to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed and occasional travel post-pandemic.
The successful candidate will thrive in ALSF’s fast-paced, unique environment and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our mission of changing the lives of children with cancer and their families. This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.