Our Vision is to cure childhood cancer, one cup at a time. If your Vision is to use your critical-thinking skills and remarkable talents to make a difference in the world, then join Team Alex, and let’s work together to give kids fighting cancer the childhood and future they deserve!
About Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of 4-year-old Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was fighting cancer and wanted to raise money to find cures for all children with cancer. Her spirit and determination inspired others to support her cause, and when she passed away at the age of 8, she had raised $1 million. Since then, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement. Today, ALSF is one of the leading funders of pediatric cancer research in the U.S. and Canada raising more than $200 million so far, funding over 1,000 research projects and providing programs to families affected by childhood cancer. For more information, visit AlexsLemonade.org.
The Social Media Specialist is an integral member of the Foundation’s marketing and communications team who implements our social media strategy to engage virtual communities and raise awareness to help families affected by childhood cancer. Reporting to the Social Media Manager, this position works closely with departments across the Foundation to create content that engages our key audiences. They will actively monitor conversations across channels for opportunities to amplify the Foundation’s message and use analytics to make data-driven decisions to optimize performance of social media content.
ALSF is headquartered in Philadelphia. Our team is currently working remotely during the COVID pandemic but will return to an in-person office setting when it is has been deemed safe to do so. Therefore, we are seeking a candidate based in the Philadelphia area.
- Create and manage conversations with social media followers to build meaningful relationships and engage the Foundation’s active community of supporters across platforms
- Work with the Social Media Manager to ideate of social media content including copy, visuals, activations (i.e. contests / giveaways), story templates, etc.
- Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of social media tactics and campaigns
- Create and maintain social media content calendars, ensuring that content is developed in advance of upcoming key dates for the Foundation such as awareness events, anniversaries, holidays, etc.
- Use social media publishing tools to schedule and publish content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Coordinate with members of the Marketing team as well as internal fundraising and sponsorship stakeholders, integrating social media strategy and tactics into campaigns where appropriate
- Support the Social Media Manager in providing social media consultation for corporate partner campaigns in support of the Foundation
- Provide live coverage of Foundation events, contributing to real-time conversations with supporters and analysis of event related social media activity
- Assist the Social Media Manager in building relationships with social media influencers including blogger outreach
- Stay up to date on changes in the social media space, including -- but not limited to – tools, platforms and best practices; identify opportunities and make recommendations
- 1-2 years of professional experience in social media, preferably for a nonprofit or consumer-facing brand
- Proficiency in social media platforms including – but not limited to -- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest and Snapchat
- Understanding of social media metrics; ability to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Excellent social listening skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing generally and web traffic metrics specifically
- Strong communication skills – copywriting and copy editing, written and verbal, internally and externally
- Ability to relate at all levels across the organization; experience collaborating with internal and cross-functional teams
- Extremely organized, detail and deadline oriented with the capability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with computers and software and able to quickly learn new technology
- Highest sensitivity and judgement with regard to the needs of families of seriously ill children
- Strong work ethic with willingness to go above and beyond to reach goals
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed; some travel may be required
The successful candidate will thrive in ALSF’s fast-paced, unique environment and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our continued growth. This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If this sounds like an ideal position to you, please submit your resume along with an amazing cover letter describing your interest and why you are the right fit for ALSF and the position to [email protected].