Our Vision is to cure childhood cancer, one cup at a time.
Your Vision is to use your critical-thinking skills and remarkable talents to make a difference in the world.
Join Team Alex and let’s work together to give kids fighting cancer the childhood and future they deserve!
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of 4-year-old Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was fighting cancer and wanted to raise money to find cures for all children with cancer. Her spirit and determination inspired others to support her cause, and when she passed away at the age of 8, she had raised $1 million. Since then, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement. Today, ALSF is one of the leading funders of pediatric cancer research in the U.S. and Canada raising more than $200 million so far, funding over 1,000 research projects and providing programs to families affected by childhood cancer.
ALSF has an extraordinary range of Special Events, from culinary events to galas to athletic events that attract participants from all over the country. Special Events play an important role for ALSF. They raise significant funds and they also bring new supporters into the ALSF family. ALSF converted most of our events to virtual events in 2020, now we need new team members to help us build our portfolio of events into in-person experiences for attendees that also have virtual components. This role will be responsible for researching, designing, planning, coordinating, and evaluating new and existing events along with engaging participants, both individuals and businesses. This role will significantly contribute to the Foundation’s ambitious fundraising goals. Special Event team members typically have a role in all ALSF Special Events, so multi-tasking skills are essential. This also ensures an exciting and fast-paced environment.
- Generate new events and the smooth operation of existing events; from planning stages and pulling together all event details for successful execution, through actual event completion and cleanup
- Evaluate events; create reports and analysis on all aspects of event, year to year and cumulative
- Market events in traditional and creative ways
- Work with Communications Team to promote events, before, during and after.
- Develop innovative ideas to be accomplished within budget and on time.
- Multitask; work one numerous events at one time
- Increase number of attendees and funds raised at events
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors and attendees
- Negotiate contracts and service agreements
- Form volunteer committees, manage meetings and progress
- Attend and manage logistics for events
- Involve all areas of the Foundation in events by working with staff members on other teams
- Work closely with the Partnerships Team to meet all contract and sponsorship package agreements
- Analyze work flow and implement more efficient processes
- Other projects as assigned
- 3-5 years of professional experience in special events
- Extremely organized, detail and deadline oriented
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Motivated, self-starter who can think creatively
- Proficient with computers and software and able to quickly learn new technology
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, internally and externally
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Able to work on a team and independently
- Outgoing, friendly, and professional
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic with willingness to go above and beyond to reach goals
The successful candidate will thrive in ALSF’s fast-paced, unique environment and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our continued growth. This full time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in becoming part of the dynamic ALSF team, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and why you would be the right fit for this position, as well as salary requirements, to [email protected]. In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.
For more information about careers with ALSF, visit www.alexslemonade.org/about/alsf-careers