The First Mile is a simple act - a global, simultaneous exercise to raise awareness of the urgency of finding cures for childhood cancer.
Thousands of people, all over the country and the world, will go a mile concurrently on September 1 to “kick off” Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and Alex’s Million Mile - Run. Walk. Ride.
This headline-making event is a public symbol of our strength, numbers and commitment to curing childhood cancer. It’s a challenge, good exercise and a meaningful social experience. On city streets, around office parks and along shorelines, participants of all ages and abilities will go a mile to show support for all the kids with cancer who cannot.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Sign up for The First Mile
- Get a group together – neighbors, friends, co-workers
- Print out the awareness bibs and signs at the bottom of this page and wear them so bystanders know why you are participating
- Take photos of your First Mile and share them on social media with the hashtags #AlexsMillionMile and #GoGold2017
The First Mile is the kick-off event for Alex's Million Mile - Run. Walk. Ride. Anyone is welcome to participate in The First Mile to help raise awareness of childhood cancer. We hope that you’ll sign up for Alex’s Million Mile at AlexsMillionMile.org
First Mile Events
- Avis Budget Group (Phoenix) - Phoenix, AZ
- CBRE Cares Greater Philadelphia - Philadelphia, PA
- NM Coastal Virginia - Virginia Beach, VA
- Fitfluential - St. Petersburg, FL
- Ignatius Lab - San Antonio, TX
- Lemon Water - Hampton, VA