Here are some ideas to help make your Lemon Climb Houston fundraising event for 2019 a big success. Every dollar helps make a difference for kids with cancer!
- Use your ALSF fundraising page: Raise funds for your event online – send the link to your friends, family, co-workers, and classmates so that they can contribute to the cause. It is also a great way for family and friends to donate right to your page if they are unable to make The Lemon Climb Houston!
- Social Media: Use social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn to spread the word about your event! Join the ALSF Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to find out up-to-date information about what we’re doing.
- Letter of Support: We are happy to provide a letter which includes our Tax ID number to help solicit donations from local vendors. Contact your ALSF Stand Coach today to request your letter of support.
- Sell Paper Lemons: Another way to get others involved is by selling paper lemons. Approach a local store or business and ask them to help contribute to ALSF. Do it over the course of a weekend or as a monthlong endeavor. Print them out or ask us to send you some!
- Accept Donations by Check: Make sure to tell your donors that they can donate to your Lemon Climb Houston Team by writing a check made payable to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation. They will receive a tax receipt for their donation. Just make sure to include your event id so the donation gets credited to your page.
- Honor a Hero: Your fundraising page features an Honored Hero – share the story of your honored hero with your friends and family and encourage them to make a donation as a way of further honoring this young childhood cancer fighter.
- Collect Spare Change: Put a donation jar at work, or somewhere in your community, and ask people to donate their spare change. Every penny, nickel, dime and quarter counts in the effort to fight childhood cancer!
- Over 21? Host a happy hour at your local watering hole. Ask the bar or restaurant to donate a portion of the proceeds or the cover charge for the evening to your Lemon Climb Houston team.
- Don’t Forget About These Other Great Ideas:
- Matching gift programs: Often companies will match their employee’s donations to charitable causes, so a $20 donation to your event could easily become $40!
- Ask local businesses to sponsor you. You can ask your favorite businesses in your community if they will donate 10% of profits towards your fundraising efforts.
As always, we are here to help! Please do not hesitate to contact Laura Cocchia for assistance, call our office toll free at (866) 333-1213 or email Laura Cocchia at [email protected]!