Information: The information we collect
Q: What do you do with the responses collected in the surveys?
A: The responses you provide to each question will be combined and analyzed with those from other families to identify trends and common themes. This information will be used to develop a body of knowledge on the personal and economic impact of childhood cancer on families. All our surveys are for genuine research purposes and your answers will never be used to try to sell you something at a later date.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
A: Your email address is used to identify you when you log in to My Childhood Cancer: Survey Series so that we can share your survey status with you. The e-mail address you provide will also be used to alert you when new surveys are available. You will be able to tell us what your email preferences are when you register and you can change these preferences at any time by updating your profile.
Q: Will you protect personal information that I give you?
Q: Who is Borderless Access Panels Pvt. Ltd. and what do they have to do with Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation or My Childhood Cancer: Survey Series?
A: Borderless Access is the company who collects registration data and survey responses from the participants who join My Childhood Cancer: Survey Series. Borderless Access only communicates aggregated and anonymous survey responses to the project team responsible for My Childhood Cancer: Survey Series. They keep individual registration data private and confidential.
Joining and participating in My Childhood Cancer: Survey Series
Q: Who is eligible to register and participate in surveys?
A: You are eligible to “join the project” and register if you are 18 years or older. You will be invited to participate in surveys if you are a parent or legal guardian of a child who was diagnosed with childhood cancer under the age of 18, even if it has been several years since your child was diagnosed, or if your child has passed away. If you or your child was diagnosed at 18 years or older, or if you are a childhood cancer survivor, your experience is very important to us and we are currently developing surveys that cover situations like yours. We encourage you to register and we will let you know when these surveys are available.
Q: I know someone who might be interested in joining, how do I refer a friend or family member?
A: If you wish to refer a friend or family member, please share our website address so they may register themselves at MyChildhoodCancer.org. We ask that you do not register for others.
Q: How will I know when surveys are available?
A: We will contact you any time we have a survey that we think you may be interested in completing. The best way to find out when new surveys are available is to provide us with permission to send you an e-mail with survey alerts and reminders. You can do this at registration by indicating your e-mail preferences for available surveys as well as other information such as survey results. You can change these preferences at any time by updating your profile. You will need to be logged into your account to complete this task. All communications will be clearly marked as from MyChildhoodCancer.org or My Childhood Cancer: Survey Series.
Q: How many surveys are there?
A: Currently, there are three different surveys, listed below. We also have Short Surveys and Quick Polls. From time to time we will add surveys which may be optional and they will be clearly identified as such:
- The Diagnosis Survey collects information from families about their child's cancer diagnosis as well as experiences and activities prior to and at the time of diagnosis.
- The Follow Up Survey – Current Diagnosis/Treatment collects information from families about what is currently happening with their child’s diagnosis and/or treatment. We will invite you to complete a Follow Up Survey at least once, but no more than twice, a year. The questions are the same each time so we can determine how quickly or slowly things change. This survey expires after 30 days.
- The Follow Up Survey – Last Treatment collects information from families who have a child who has passed away. The survey collects information about what happened at the time their child received their last treatment.
- Short Surveys – Based on the responses to previous surveys, some participants may be eligible to answer short, 5-minute surveys.
- Quick Polls are also available for you to answer when you are logged in to your account. These are one question polls on a variety of different topics with immediate results so you can see how your response compares to others. After you have answered a Quick Poll, you will see a new Quick Poll the next time you login to your account. Quick Polls are not visible on mobile devices at this time.
Members: Already a member and need help?
Q: How do I update my personal information?
A: If you wish to make any changes to the personal information that you provided us at registration, please select ALREADY A MEMBER at www.MyChildhoodCancer.org to access your account. Go to ‘Personal Profile’ and this is where you can make the necessary changes yourself.
If you wish to change your email address, please remember that your email address is also your username. You will receive a confrimation via email to verify your new email address or any other changes to your account. You must use the new email address to login to your account after confirming the change.
Q: What do I do if I have forgotten my password?
A: Please go to www.MyChildhoodCancer.org and select ALREADY A MEMBER. You will then be able to click 'Forgot your password?' and you will be prompted to enter your e-mail address. Your password will be sent directly to your Inbox.
Q: Why can't I sign in to my account?
A: First, make sure you have activated your account by clicking on the link found in the email confirmation sent after you registered.
Also try the following:
- Ensure that cookies are enabled
- Ensure that your browser and/or ISP settings are not blocking access to you account
- Remove Adware and/or Spyware from your system
- Ensure that your browser does not block access to our website
- Ensure that your anti-virus settings accept our website
- Ensure that your firewall settings accept our website
- Ensure that you add MyChildhoodCancer.org as a Trusted Site on your browser by selecting Tools\Internet Options\Security\Trusted Sites, from your toolbar menu
If you still have problems please contact us at the following link – NEED HELP?
Q: How do I unsubscribe or re-subscribe?
A: If you wish to unsubscribe, you will find an unsubscribe button on every email and survey invitation you receive. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe at any time by selecting "Unsubscribe" in your registration profile. If you change your mind, you can contact us directly at the following link to reactive your account. – NEED HELP?
We apologize we have not answered your questions! Please get in touch with us here.