Here a a few tips to making your fundraiser a success. Useful materials, such as ALSF logos and flier templates, are available on our downloads page.
Create excitement about your fundraiser with an introduction to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation leading up to your event.
- A townhall style meeting, a staff meeting, or even a well written email from the head of the company can go a long way in making your event successful. Let them know about Alex's story, childhood cancer facts, and the impact Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is having on childhood cancer. Of course, be sure to let them know they can help with your fundraiser.
- You can even change your email signature to include your ALSF event!
One of the easiest ways to raise additional funds toward your event is by using your fundraising page or company network.
- Set up your company fundraising page and share it with your employees. You and your employees can share it with customers, vendors, family and friends via email and social media.
- You can add pictures and blog posts.
- Supporters can donate online, directly to your page!
Prepare and plan for great execution.
- If you are a retailer fundraising in your store(s), make sure employees have speaking points about Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation and childhood cancer (Available in our Downloads Section).If you are having a fundraiser in your office location, be sure to have enough volunteers to make the event/stand run smoothly.
Maximize your donations: check with your company to see if they offer Matching Gifts or Dollars for Doers programs.
- When you send in your donations, let us know that they can be matched, or if you are a smaller business, consider telling employees that your business will match what is raised.
- More and more companies are also rewarding employee volunteerism with direct donations to the charities they volunteer with. Be sure to find out how to make the most of your event!
Bring in your marketing and public relations specialists.
Be creative in finding ways to add something extra to your event!
- Letting people know about the good work your company is doing to help kids with cancer will create more awareness for the cause as well as help to raise more funds.
- We are here to help you with any questions regarding media relations and communications. You can email Liz Scott at [email protected] or reach her by phone at 866-333-1213.
- In addition to lemonade stands, bake sales, dress down days, 50/50 raffles, books swaps, selling paper lemons, hosting a company happy hour, raffling off a prime parking spot, and department vs. department challenges are just a few ways to add something extra to your event.