1. Students will gain knowledge and understanding of leadership models including Greenleaf’s Servant leadership and Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Successful People.
- Demonstrate the ability to use these models and actions into growing the mission of ALSF on their college campus
2. Cultivate a sense of self-awareness through identifying a personal mission, vision and leadership style.
- Identify their personal values and leadership styles. Write a personal mission statement to allow them to be effective leaders for ALSF.
3. Exhibit knowledge and awareness of teams, cultures and organizations.
- Develop an understanding of how to work effectively in teams. Identify their college’s institutional values and structure so that ALSF events and programs can succeed long term at their college.
- Distinguish ways to effectively grow the mission of ALSF on their college campus through relationship building with stakeholders and leaders
4. Demonstrate event planning and fundraising skills.
- Expand their knowledge of fundraising and event planning. Create a series of ALSF events or a large event for their college campus. Participate in a fundraising event while at SLA.
5. Enhance awareness and commitment to ALSF.
- Gain a further understanding of the mission and work of ALSF by listening to and engaging with ALSF staff, pediatric cancer medical staff and pediatric cancer survivors.
- Understand how they can achieve the goals of ALSF through campus awareness, fundraising, programs and events.