| » View all news titles
|| » View titles this week
||» View titles this month
Great Wolf Lodge Partners with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation This Spring to Raise Funds to Fight Pediatric Cancer
Fundraising effort to take place during annual Spring-a-Palooza celebration March 9 – April 15
CHICAGO - (February 13, 2018) – Spring is in the air at Great Wolf Lodge as the annual Spring-a-Palooza celebration returns March 9- April 15. From spring picnics and bubble dance parties in the Grand Lobby to character-inspired flower gardens and more, Spring-a-Palooza is the perfect way for families to celebrate the changing of the season. A highlight this year, for the first time Great Wolf Lodge is partnering with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation at all 14 U.S. Great Wolf Lodge locations to generate funds and raise awareness to help end childhood cancer.
“We’re honored to partner with such an important organization as Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation during our Spring-a-Palooza celebration,” says Erin Wallace, Chief Operating Officer of Great Wolf Resorts. “Our goal each and every day is to bring joy to families and what could be more joyful than for us to stand together as a pack to raise funds to end childhood cancer.”
During Spring-A-Palooza, families can visit a lemonade stand in the Grand Lobby for complimentary lemonade to be enjoyed together picnic-style. As a special twist this year, exclusive color changing cups will be sold for $2.50, and 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of the cups will be donated to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a charity whose mission is to change the lives of children with cancer through funding impactful research, raising awareness, supporting families and empowering everyone to help cure cancer. Great Wolf Lodge anticipates at least $15,000 will be donated to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation through the sale of the keepsake Spring-A-Palooza cups.
“We are thrilled that Great Wolf Lodge chose us as a partner for their Spring-A-Palooza celebration. Through the efforts of generous partners like Great Wolf Lodge, and their amazing team and guests, we are moving closer to achieving the dream of my daughter Alex, a cure for all kids with cancer,” shares Liz Scott, Co-Executive Director of Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
In addition to the partnership with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, other highlights of Spring-a-Palooza include:
- Spring Cinema: Families can unwind after a fun-filled day and enjoy a family movie in the Grand Lobby.
- Spring Picnic: A time-honored spring tradition gets a Great Wolf twist, as guests can grab a blanket, spread it out on the floor and enjoy an afternoon picnic in the Grand Lobby. Guests can sip complimentary Minute Maid beverage available from the Great Wolf Lodge character-themed Lemonade Stand and play a few rounds of “Take A Wiley Guess” card game.
- Bubble Dance Party: This special Spring-a-Palooza event fills the Grand Lobby with cascading bubbles while Great Wolf Lodge’s Ambassadors of Fun keep energy-levels high with a family-friendly dance party.
- Spring-a-Palooza Story Time: Great Wolf Lodge’s nightly Story Time takes on a spring themed tale featuring the Great Wolf Lodge characters called “Natural Wonders.” Kids are encouraged to wear their favorite jammies to the Grand Lobby for this event and will have the opportunity to meet one of the Great Wolf Lodge characters in person.
- Spring Scavenger Hunts: Great Wolf Lodge features two self-guided scavenger hunts as part of Spring-a-Palooza. The “I Spy Spring” scavenger hunt will have guests looking high and low in the Grand Lobby to find a dozen hidden objects. The “Spring Sprint” scavenger hunt has guests solving clues that will take them on a journey throughout the lodge. When all 10 clues are solved, guests are rewarded with a prize.
- Character Themed Flower Gardens: A highlight of the Spring-a-Palooza celebration is the colorful springtime gardens found in the Grand Lobby. The gardens are designed and handcrafted by Pack Members from the resort. The collection of flower pots are inspired by the Great Wolf Lodge characters. Guests are encourage to stroll around the garden and vote for their favorite display.
- Jelly Bean Guessing Game: A gigantic jar filled to the brim with jelly bean candies sits in the Grand Lobby and guests are invited to enter a contest guessing how many delicious treats are within the jar. The guests closest to the correct number without going over will be entered for a chance to win a Great Wolf Lodge Gift Card.
- Spring Themed Crafts: During Spring-a-Palooza, the resort’s Ambassadors of Fun will host several spring-inspired craft making events for kids of all ages. Character-themed crafting projects include Oliver’s Crazy About Bugs Jar, Violet’s Springtime Noodle Doodle, Brinley’s Don’t Blow Away Kite and Wiley’s Can You Spot It Binoculars.
In addition to two days of play in the water park for each night stayed at Great Wolf Lodge, all of the Spring-a-Palooza activities are included as part of an overnight stay for no extra charge. Activities vary daily and based on location. A complete listing of daily activities and times can be found in the Lodge Life event schedule provided to guests upon check-in, verified in advance at GreatWolf.com or by calling the location directly.
For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit greatwolf.com.
About Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.
Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. is North America’s largest family of indoor waterpark resorts, and through its subsidiaries and affiliates, owns and operates family resorts under the Great Wolf Lodge brand. Great Wolf Resorts is a fully integrated resort company with Great Wolf Lodge locations in: Wisconsin Dells, Wis.; Sandusky, Ohio; Traverse City, Mich.; Kansas City, Kan.; Williamsburg, Va.; Pocono Mountains, Pa.; Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada; Mason, Ohio; Grapevine, Texas; Grand Mound, Wash.; Fitchburg, Mass., Charlotte, N.C.; Garden Grove, Calif. and Colorado Springs, Colo. And Bloomington, Minn. Additional planned resorts include LaGrange, Ga. (spring 2018), Gurnee, Ill. (summer 2018), and Scottsdale, Az. (late 2019).
Additional information may be found on the company’s online media center.