Now open to all institutions!
Financial aid provided by Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation is made possible with the support of TD Bank, Northwestern Mutual and other private donors. Please review the guidelines below before applying.
Please keep in mind that the Travel for Care Program is not meant to be the sole source of travel assistance for a family. Applications must be submitted by a healthcare professional on behalf of the family.
Click here for a PDF version of these guidelines.
The following criteria must be met:
- The patient is diagnosed with cancer, or a cancer predisposition such as Histiocytosis/Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (LCH), Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), or Post-Transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders (PTLD)
- The is 21 years old or younger, and was diagnosed on or before their 18th birthday
- The patient’s annual family income should not be greater than $75,000
- The patient must currently be in active treatment for childhood cancer
We can only accept applications by a member of the patient’s oncology healthcare team (i.e. social worker, nurse, doctor, resource specialist, etc). All sections of the form must be completed truthfully. Any false or misleading information will result in an automatic denial.
Things to know before applying:
- Travel For Care processes assistance on a per request basis, up to the $2,000 lifetime cap per patient
- The program provides direct pay for travel expenses (ex., gas cards, airfare, train, and hotel) for the patient and one caregiver
- We are unable to reimburse travel expenses
- Assistance begins at the time of approval and is not retroactive
- At this time, travel assistance is only available within the US and Canada
What we do not assist with:
- Travel for second opinions, integrative therapy, follow up appointments after active treatment, and non-cancer treatments (dentist, PT, OT, etc.)
- Expenses that are not travel related (mortgage, rent, utilities, childcare etc.)
- Travel for visits from additional family members
*For Airfare Applications:
- ALSF covers the airfare for the patient and one caregiver (unless patient requires additional assistance)
- Airfare applications should include the full legal names and birthdates of the patient and caregiver traveling as well as departure and arrival airports
- Please indicate if there are special accommodations needed for the patient upon arrival to the airport (i.e. wheelchair assistance)
*For Gas Card Applications:
- Gas card assistance is intended to drive the patient to/from active cancer treatment
- Assistance is provided to families traveling a minimum of 700-800 miles per month (which averages a minimum $100 in assistance per month)
- Assistance is determined based on # miles per round trip /20 (avg mileage per gallon) x local cost of gas
- Indicating the best address to send the gas cards to will streamline processing times
An ALSF representative will review the application. We understand that time is of the essence for many children and their families, so we do our best to respond to all requests within 2 business days. For emergency requests, please call the foundation directly.
ALSF reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time without notice, and to apply these guidelines at its reasonable discretion. If you have any questions, please call Brenna Carswell, Family Services Manager, at 610-649-3034 or e-mail [email protected].