The 4th Annual Alex’s Million Mile – Run. Walk. Ride.
Join us on our Journey to a Million this September!
Every day, parents of children battling cancer travel thousands of miles for treatments. That’s why this September, Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, we’re going a million miles to raise awareness and fundraise for cures.
Last year, more than 15,000 people logged miles and raised money for childhood cancer research. This year we’re doing it again! To find a cure for childhood cancer, we’re going the distance – running, walking or biking to exceed one million miles.
1 month, 1 cause, 1 million miles...
Kids with cancer need your help!
Our goal is to collectively run, walk and/or ride one million miles and beyond during a single month: September, Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and fundraise to find cures. Anyone can join and there are no minimum mileage or fundraising requirements. Every mile and dollar helps!
- Register - you can choose to start a team, join one or participate on your own. Registration for AMM 2016 opens soon. Sign up to be notified when registration opens for Alex's Million Mile next year!
- Spread the word - tell your family and friends! Get them to join you, support you or donate!
- Fundraise for the cause - you can accept online donations or hold a fundraising event. We have lots of ideas to help you.
- Each day in September (Childhood Cancer Awareness Month), walk, run or bike at your own pace, on your own schedule, logging your miles manually or using MapMyFitness or Fitbit
- Your miles get added to our grand total, bringing us toward 1 million miles. The money you raise funds research toward finding cures.
Why one million miles? One million miles is 40 times around the equator or two round-trips to the moon. But it’s less than five miles for each kid or adolescent who will be affected by childhood cancer this year, worldwide. Childhood cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15 in the United States. That’s why it is vital that we raise money to cure it, now!