Announcing the winners of the 2013 Great Lemonade War -congratulations! Thank you to all schools who participated this year.
- 1st place: Savannah Christian Prep Lower School - Savannah, GA
- 2nd place: Five Points Elementary School -Centerville, OH
- 3rd place: Stonybrook School - Kinnelon, NJ
- 4th place: Sacred Heart Catholic School - Conroe, TX
1,2,3,4… We declare a LEMONADE war! Schools across the United States joined Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) to raise money for childhood cancer research by competing in the 2nd Great Lemonade War! This contest, inspired by the book, "The Lemonade War" by Jacqueline Davies, challenged schools to compete against each other to determine who can raise the most money through a lemonade stand project or other event.
Schools participating in the first Great Lemonade War contest helped to raise more than $50,000 for childhood cancer research. From drive-through lemonade sales to art shows and birthday gifts for the cure, the 2012 students and teachers truly made it their mission to continue Alex’s legacy. Take a look at some of the efforts of these amazing schools by clicking on the Photo Album link below.
All schools competing in The Great Lemonade War received:
- A copy of the book, "The Lemonade War," by Jacqueline Davies as well as lesson plans and a discussion guide
- A program guide and stand materials from ALSF to help you start your lemonade adventure
- A personal fundraising page to share with the school community
- A certificate of appreciation at the conclusion of the contest, signed by Liz and Jay Scott
The winning school will receive:
- A school visit by Jacqueline Davies, author of "The Lemonade War," as well as from one of Alex’s parents, Liz or Jay Scott. This visit will be scheduled for on or around May 17, 2013.
- Autographed copies of Ms. Davies’ newest book, "The Candy Smash" for up to 100 students.
3 Runner-up schools will receive:
- ·A Skype session with author Jacqueline Davies and Alex’s mom, Liz Scott
- Audio copies of both "The Lemonade War" and "The Lemonade Crime"
1. Registration will open at 12:01 AM EST on October 1, 2012. However, all schools must register for “The War” no later than April 1, 2013 to be eligible.
2. Although fundraising may begin no earlier than February 14, 2013, classes are strongly encouraged to read "The Lemonade War" prior to the start of the contest. Classes participating must use "The Lemonade War" as a springboard for this competition.
3. Schools may raise funds by hosting a lemonade stand, series of lemonade stands or other lemonade-based event. Schools are encouraged to be creative in this endeavor. For examples of fundraising events your school might want to try, click here.
4. Donations can be made via check or money order and mailed to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, online through a school’s fundraising page or by text message. All funds must be received no later than April 26, 2013 and the winner will be notified no later than May 3, 2013.
Please note: Fundraising totals posted below may not reflect total funds raised. Checks received through the mail require additional processing time and may be delayed in appearing on the leaderboard. Final fundraising totals will be posted on May 3, 2013.
Fundraisers with Recent Donations
|Fundraising Page Name||Location||Amount|
|The Great Lemonade War at Stonybrook School||Kinnelon, NJ||$2,719|
|Wizard Wars||Raleigh, NC||$90|
|ESD LOVING LEMONS||Dallas, TX||$2,140|
|Alex's Lemonade War - Everything Lemon Fundraiser and Walk-a-Thon||Centerville, OH||$4,057|
|Warrior's Wish||Miami, FL||$20|
|Holy Rosary Fifth Grade||Memphis, TN||$2,547|
|Scott Scorpions||Chester, VA||$1,423|
|Eagles Love Lemonade||Conroe, TX||$2,313|
|Roger Sherman Grade Two Classes||Meriden, CT||$431|
|Moore Elementary School Lemonade Stand||Bath, PA||$476|