We declare a LEMONADE war!
Announcing the 3rd Annual Great Lemonade War! Schools across the United States can now join Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) to raise money for childhood cancer research by competing in the Great Lemonade War! This contest, inspired by the book, "The Lemonade War" by Jacqueline Davies, challenges schools to compete against each other to determine who can raise the most money through a lemonade stand project or other event.
The contest officially opened on February 10 and will run for 8 weeks, through Friday, April 11. Please note: you can register to participate at anytime during this 8 week period.
All schools participating in The Great Lemonade War will receive:
- A copy of the book, "The Lemonade War," by Jacqueline Davies as well as lesson plans and a discussion guide
- A program guide and a fundraising kit from ALSF to help you start your lemonade adventure
- A personal online fundraising page to share with the school community to promote the event and collect online donations
- A certificate of appreciation at the conclusion of the contest, signed by Liz and Jay Scott
- A personal fundraising coach at ALSF to help you coordinate your fundraising event(s)
The winning school will receive:
- A personal visit from Jacqueline Davies, author of "The Lemonade War," and one of Alex’s parents, Liz or Jay Scott
- Autographed copies of Ms. Davies’ newest book, "The Magic Trap" for up to 100 students
Second and Third Runner-up schools will receive:
- A Skype session with author Jacqueline Davies and one of Alex’s parents, Liz or Jay Scott
- Audio copies of both "The Lemonade War" and "The Lemonade Crime"
Schools participating in past Great Lemonade War contests have helped to raise more than $50,000 for childhood cancer research. In 2013, the 1st place winner, Savannah Christian Prep Lower School (Savannah, Georgia), raised an astonishing $6,992! From lemonade stands, walk-a-thons and art shows to donations in lieu of birthday gifts, the students and teachers truly make it their mission to continue Alex’s legacy. Take a look at some of the efforts of these amazing schools by clicking on the Photo Album link below.
Fundraisers with Recent Donations
|Fundraising Page Name||Location||Amount|
|Spotsylvania Middle School's Lemonade Stand In Memory of Jordan DuPriest||Spotsylvania, VA||$11,271|
|Pleviak Panthers||Lake Villa, IL||$2,201|
|Stewart Elementary's Lemonade War||Lower Burrell, PA||$2,339|
|Lemons with Love||McKinney, TX||$1,011|
|Moore Elementary School's Lemondae Stand||bath, PA||$457|
|Moore Elementary School Lemonade Stand||Bath, PA||$10|
|Alden Primary's Lemonade Stand||Alden, NY||$7,695|
|Creekmoor Elementary||Raymore, MO||$20|
|Holy Rosary Fifth Grade 2013-2014||Memphis, TN||$831|
|RSMS NJHS Lemonade Stand||Rising Sun, MD||$0|