Where: 4231 Avenue Of The Republic, Memorial Hall in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, PA 19131 view map
Fighting Childhood Cancer One Step at a Time!
The Lemon Run…Philadelphia’s most inspiring, cancer-fighting 5K!
This November, be part of Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation’s biggest one-day event and join us for The Lemon Run!
The Run starts at Memorial Hall and loops through beautiful Fairmount Park. More than 2,000 runners and walkers, many wearing yellow or gold for childhood cancer awareness, complete the 3.1 mile course. Among the participants are a number of Hero Families with a personal connection to childhood cancer, which adds to the meaning and inspiration of the day.
Want to literally join together in fighting cancer? Sign up for the Centipede Run – new this year! Centipede runners will be linked together as they run the 5K course!
There is only one Lemon Run, but there are many paths to supporting the event:
- Fundraise as a team or individual runner/walker (you can create an Alex’s fundraising webpage when you register for the event). Lemon Run participants are encouraged, but not required, to raise money to find better treatments and cures for kids with cancer. Prizes will be awarded to top fundraisers!
- Sponsor the Run as a business or organization. Levels are available beginning at just $250.
- Support the Run as an individual or family Benefactor (new this year!).
- Sign the kids up for a fun 100 meter Kids’ Dash which precedes the Run/Walk. Even the youngest of supporters can show their support in the fight against childhood cancer!
- Join us for the Centipede Run, new this year!
- Live far from Philadelphia? Be a Lemon Run virtual runner!
It’s not just a Run, it’s an event! Sponsor and team tents fill the lawn in front of Memorial Hall and Liz and Jay Scott, the parents of ALSF founder Alexandra “Alex” Scott, present awards to the top finishers in various age groups.
Interested in having a tent for your team at the Run? ALSF will provide each team that raises at least $1,500 (as of October 16th) or has 30 or more team members (as of October 16th) their own 10 x 10 tent on the day of The Lemon Run. These ALSF-provided tents are the only ones permitted. Your tent is a fun place to gather with your team before and after the race!
Fundraisers with Recent Donations
|Fundraising Page Name||Location||Amount|
|Team Michael Alexander Honoring Danicka Lacey Fike||Philadelphia, PA||$150|
|PwC - Team Asher||Philadelphia, PA||$100|
|JRP - Lemon Run||Philadelphia, PA||$125|
|Kick Childhood Cancer!||Philadelphia, PA||$25|
|Lemon Lovers||Philadelphia, PA||$75|
|Izzy's Infantry||Philadelphia, PA||$4,358|
|Caroline's Stars||Philadelphia, PA||$206|
|Lemon Ladies||Philadelphia, PA||$50|
|Centipede Team||Philadelphia, PA||$25|
|Austin's Avengers 2015||Philadelphia, PA||$1,909|