How your donation helps children with cancer everywhere!
At Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, our primary focus is to find a cure for all childhood cancers. We’re doing everything we can to speed up progress that will help us find these cures, as well as developing resources for childhood cancer heroes and their families as they battle the disease. Thanks to your support we are making progress and improving the lives of children with cancer and their families.
Learn how your support helps children with cancer
Childhood Cancer Research
To date, we have raised more than $100 million and funded over 500 research projects towards the goal of putting an end to childhood cancer. In addition to funding cutting-edge research into finding better treatments and cures, we also fund nursing and psychosocial grants to improve the quality of life and care of children with cancer and their families.
Did you know...
- Your donation of $50 will fund one hour of research.
- A gift of $400 will fund one day of research.
- A gift of $2,000 will fund a week of research.
- A generous gift of $8,000 will pay for an entire month of research.
The research that your donation funds could lead to a cure!
Results from a recent clinical trial indicated that a drug being used to treat lung cancer in adults eradicated cancer in a select group of children with lymphoma. ALSF had a crucial role in this project, as we provided previous funding to the research team that allowed them to develop the breakthrough trial.
Read more about our research program and funded grants.
ALSF Travel Fund & Family Resources
While the majority of our funding goes toward research, we are also intensely aware of the struggles - emotional, financial, and more - that families face throughout their battle with childhood cancer, and have created programs for assistance. Our Travel Fund helps families with travel expenses as they travel far from their home for their child's treatments. Our annual Childhood Cancer Symposium brings childhood cancer families together to learn about the disease, treatment and beyond.
If you choose to support the Travel Fund, a donation of…
- $15 can provide a gas card to help a family drive to a hospital for treatment.
- $20 allows a family to park at the hospital where their child is receiving treatment.
- $100 enables a family to reside at a nearby hotel so they can stay close to their child receiving treatment.
- Any size helps ease a family’s financial burden so they can focus on their child’s treatment.