Plan a Lemonade Stand
Fighting Childhood Cancer, One Cup At A Time!
In 2000, our founder, 4-year-old Alex Scott held her first lemonade stand to raise money to find a cure for kids with cancer--while bravely battling her own. Alex raised an astonishing $2,000 at her first stand and set in motion what would become a national movement to fight childhood cancer, one cup at a time! Since that time, thousands of volunteers, inspired by her example, have held Alex’s Lemonade Stands of their own. You can too!
Holding an Alex's Lemonade Stand is easy and fun. You can do it with your family, your friends, your co-workers, your classmates, or on your own.
Here’s a checklist of simple steps to follow to get your Alex's Lemonade Stand up and running, and make it a big success:
1. Pick a date and place: Choose a day or days to hold your Alex's Lemonade Stand and choose a location for it. If you wish to participate in our national fundraising weekend in June, visit our National Lemonade Days Section.
2. Register your stand or event: Click on Register Now and register your stand or event. You’ll create a personal fundraising webpage when you do. We will also send you a packet of materials if you choose that option during registration and one of our personal fundraising coaches will be in touch to help you with questions and planning!
3. Ask people to donate: Email your friends and family your personal fundraising page and ask them to attend your event, stop by your stand and/or donate online directly to your Alex's Lemonade Stand. Post links to your page on Facebook, Twitter, and more.
4. Make it a success: Visit our Make it A Success section to find helpful fundraising tips. Find lots of stand and event resources in Downloads. For detailed suggestions on planning and hosting your Alex’s Lemonade Stand, read the Hold Your Own Stand packet.
5. Plan your stand/event: Make a list of supplies you’ll need, and start making a list of things to do. Spread the word about your event! Try and get as many people involved as possible—they can help you plan, donate to your efforts, and bring their friends to your stand.
6. Hold your stand: Hold your Alex's Lemonade Stand on the date planned. Use the printable materials in our Downloads Section to help make your stand a success. Be sure to let your visitors know that you can accept checks made payable to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation!
7. Send in your donations: Once your stand is over, send your donations to our offices. We’ll update your personal fundraising page with your donation total.
Donations from your Alex’s Lemonade Stand should be sent to:
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
333 East Lancaster Avenue, #414
Wynnewood, PA 19096
8. Thank your supporters: Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation will thank donors who donate online or by check and for whom we have contact information. However, a personal “thank you” from you to your donors is always a nice touch. We’ve included a sample thank-you letter in the Downloads section.
9. Be proud: Take pride in the fact that you have made a difference for children with cancer by helping us fund live saving research!
Fundraisers with Recent Donations
|Fundraising Page Name||Location||Amount|
|Vienna's Lemonade Stand Benefitting Pediatric Cancer||Kennett Square, PA||$65|
|Caitlin's lemonade stand||Coopersburg, PA||$2,528|
|Griffin Smith||Philadelphia, PA||$300|
|Reeling it in for Dwayne!||New Britain, PA||$1,410|
|Overington Ave. Gang||Marlton, NJ||$360|
|Bella Rose and the Lemon Heads||Moosic, PA||$20|
|Nilfisk Industrial Vacuums' Lemon Days!||Morgantown, PA||$240|
|The Lily Adkins 5th Annual Lemonade Stand||Lindenwold, NJ||$910|
|Mackenzie's Lemonade Stand||Phoenix, MD||$179|
|Coooper Gray's Californian Lemonade Stand||Danville, CA||$470|