When: July 29 - August 1, 2013
Where: Villanova, PA
FREE summer leadership program at Villanova University for students entering 11th and 12th grades in the 2013-2014 school year!
The application deadline is May 5th, 2013, 11:59pm.
In partnership with Learning to Lead, a national leadership training facilitator, we are thrilled to announce the 2013 Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) Leadership Academy, based on Alex's inspiring example of how one person can make a difference. The ALSF Leadership Academy is a dynamic leadership camp for students, where participants learn key leadership skills in a fun setting. Participating students will learn how to become motivated leaders and make a difference in their own communities as ambassadors for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. As ambassadors, students will be challenged to bring ALSF's mission back into their schools and communities.
To apply for the Leadership Academy, please complete the online application found by clicking the “Apply Now” button. We’ve also listed the questions found within the online application below to allow you some time to develop thoughtful and complete answers.
Villanova University is located just 12 miles outside of Philadelphia in Villanova, PA. The closest airport to Villanova University is the Philadelphia International Airport. Students who are accepted into the program will receive more travel information. Check out the FAQ page on the side for additional information.
Please note: Travel to and from the Academy is the responsibility of the participant.
We suggest that prior to filling out the application, you think about answers to the following questions:
- What skills and/or qualities make you a strong candidate for this program?
- What are some activities that you are currently involved in that can relate to this experience? (Examples can include clubs, organizations, sports, etc.)
- What are some ideas you have for positive change and ways to show leadership in your school and/or community?
- Please explain your past and present involvement with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF).
- What would you like to gain from your experience at ALSF Leadership Academy?