Kick-It is designed to help you and your friends kick away childhood cancer! Whether holding a kickball game at your local park between friends or organizing a tournament at your school or other organizations, there are plenty of ways to raise funds and awareness to fight childhood cancer! Kick-It is ideal for businesses too. After work events are a great opportunity to engage your employees for an important cause. However you decide to Kick-It, know that you are raising critical research dollars and helping kids with cancer.
Kick-It was founded by 10-year-old Quinn Clarke during his second battle with cancer. He asked his parents if he could have a kickball game to raise money for childhood cancer research and that afternoon has since inspired thousands of supporters. Learn more about Kick-It’s history on the Kick-It website.
We recently partnered with Kick-It -- this means that Kick-It is now an official fundraising program of Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation!
Here’s how to get the ball rolling:
Register Your Event
- Go to the Kick-It website. (You will leave our site to register but your donations still benefit ALSF.)
- Click “Create Your Page Now”
- Select “Sign Up” on the pop-up and create your account with an email and password
- Choose that you want to hold a Kick-It Game Event
- Fill out your personal information and details on when your event will be held. If you’re doing this in honor of someone you know affected by childhood cancer, write their name in too
- Set your fundraising goal
- Write a description of your event and upload any relevant images
- Choose if you want the event to be public now, or if you want to make edits later before going live. People will not be able to see your page until you make it public
- Make sure to note whether you will require waivers for players. Waivers can be filled out online or printed out
- Click “finished” and you’re all set! Your Kick-It event page will be created and you can share it with your friends and family
Once you’ve registered, our team will send you a Kick-It kit complete with posters, stickers, game guides, sample brackets and other items to help you get the most out of your event! If you have any further questions, be sure to contact our Community Engagement Manager, Jeff Baxter, at [email protected].
Click here to learn some handy tips to take your event to the next level!