Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of 4-year-old Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was fighting cancer and wanted to raise money to find cures for all children with cancer. Her spirit and determination inspired others to support her cause, and when she passed away at the age of 8, she had raised $1 million. Since then, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement. Today, ALSF is one of the leading funders of pediatric cancer research in the U.S. and Canada raising more than $175 million so far, funding nearly 1,000 research projects and providing programs to families affected by childhood cancer. For more information, visit AlexsLemonade.org.
The Grant Coordinator is integral in disseminating funds raised through the hard work and dedication of ALSF team members, and is the steward of ALSF’s grant process, coordinating all details for new and existing grant cycles to ensure the best and most promising childhood cancer research is funded. This role is part of the Programs and Services Team.
The Grant Coordinator is responsible for the administration of assigned grant categories within the medical and psychosocial research grants, ensuring the website is up to date, grant guidelines are clear, grant opportunities are promoted and active grants remain in good standing. Additionally, this role is responsible for organizing grant reviews with the scientific or psychosocial review board, collecting progress and final reports, corresponding with applicants/grant managers and preparing payments. The Grant Coordinator will be managing programs using Salesforce and identifying ways to streamline and improve the use of the system.
- Team Player and independent worker: willing and able to help other departments as well as the team; take a proactive approach to meeting deadlines and streamlining processes; willing and able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Big and small picture: understand Foundation’s structure, history and grant program; facilitate the process of reviewing grant applications; maintain grant management software (SalesForce/RoundCorner); assure grants meet legal, auditing and Foundation requirements; schedule award payments
- External and internal communication: build an on-going relationship with grantees, applicants and review boards; update staff on program initiatives, approved grants and milestones; answer inquiries (calls or emails) about grant program; represent Foundation at national conferences
- Professional growth: participate in training and professional development; undertake special projects as assigned to become a well-rounded member of Team Alex
Required Competencies and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of work experience in detail-oriented environment or equivalent combination of education and work experience; nonprofit experience preferred
- Experience working with and understanding the intricacies of cyclical processes; applicants who have experience with granting programs will be prioritized
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; SalesForce/RoundCorner experience a plus
- Superior analytical and reporting skills
- Superior communication skills with ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Flexible, with ability to juggle multiple priorities and see them through from concept to completion
- Capacity to anticipate challenges and offer solutions
- Able to work either alone or as part of a team
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Able and willing to go above and beyond to accomplish tasks
- Attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to analyze current workflow and implement effective processes and procedures
- Some knowledge in science a plus
The successful candidate will thrive in ALSF’s fast-paced, unique environment and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our continued growth. This full time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining the ALSF team, please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest and why you would be the right fit for this position, including your salary requirements, to [email protected]. In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.
For more information about careers with ALSF, visit www.alexslemonade.org/about/alsf-careers.