Special Events Coordinator
Our Vision is to cure childhood cancer, one cup at a time.
Your Vision is to use your critical-thinking skills and remarkable talents to make a difference in the world.
Join Team Alex and let’s work together to give kids fighting cancer the childhood and future they deserve!
About Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott (1996-2004). In 2000, 4-year-old Alex announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer. Since Alex held that first stand, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement, complete with thousands of supporters across the country carrying on her legacy of hope. To date, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a registered 501(c)(3) charity, has raised more than $150 million toward fulfilling Alex’s dream of finding a cure, funding nearly 1,000 pediatric cancer research projects throughout North America. For more information about ALSF visit www.alexslemonade.org.
ALSF has an extraordinary range of Special Events, from food events in Philly, NYC, Chicago and LA to athletic events that attract participants from all over the country. To ensure the success of current and new events, ALSF is seeking a Special Events Coordinator to join the Team. This role will be responsible for researching, designing, planning, coordinating and evaluating new and existing events along with engaging participants, both individuals and businesses. This role will significantly contribute to the Foundation’s ambitious fundraising goals.
- Generate new events and the smooth operation of existing events; from planning stages and pulling together all event details for successful execution, through actual event completion and cleanup
- Evaluate events; create reports and analysis on all aspects of event, year to year and cumulative
- Market events in traditional and creative ways
- Work with communications and public relations department to promote event, prior and after
- Develop innovative ideas to be accomplished within budget and a time frame
- Multitask; coordinate numerous events at one time
- Increase number of attendees and funds raised at events
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors and attendees
- Negotiate contracts and service agreements
- Form volunteer committees, manage meetings and progress
- Attend and manage logistics on the day of the events
- Involve all areas of the Foundation in events by working with staff members on other teams
- Work closely with the Partnerships Team to meet all contract and sponsorship package agreements
- Analyze work flow and implement more efficient processes
- Other projects as assigned
- 3-5 years of professional experience in special events
- Extremely organized, detail and deadline oriented
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Motivated, self-starter who can think creatively
- Proficient in Microsoft and able to quickly learn new technology
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, internally and externally
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Able to work on a team and independently
- Outgoing and professional
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic with willingness to go above and beyond to reach goals
The successful candidate will thrive in ALSF’s fast-paced, unique environment and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our continued growth. This full time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining the ALSF team, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and why you would be the right fit for this position, as well as salary requirements, to [email protected]. In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.
For more information about careers with ALSF, visit www.alexslemonade.org/about/alsf-careers