Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation is proud to present the 2017 Childhood Cancer Symposium: Regional Series. These educational seminars are designed to help equip families with knowledge and support during their child’s cancer treatment and beyond. This is a great opportunity to connect with other families, too!
The series will include talks by ALSF-funded researchers who will speak about the latest in childhood cancer research as well as presentations about local support and resources. These events are free to attend and refreshments will be provided.
Please join us!
2017 Childhood Cancer Symposiums
Mark your calendars for our childhood cancer symposiums this year!
Tuesday, May 30, 2017 – Denver, CO
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - Kansas City, MO
- Dr. Erin Guest, ALSF funded clinical researcher, will speak about “Updates on Innovative Research”
- Lisa Peters, Clinical Social Work Manager, and Amanda Woelk, Child Life Supervisor, will present “The Role of the Psychosocial Support Team” and provide useful tools and resources for families.
Saturday, October 14, 2017 - Philadelphia, PA
- Dr. Kimberly Canter will speak about her work with Dr. Anne Kazak’s research on Psychosocial Standards of Care for families
- Dr. Rob Fazio will speak about developing resilience in the face of extreme adversity
- Greg Hedler, Clinical Social Worker, will present on coping strategies, mindfulness, and self-care
Wednesday, October 25, 2017- Houston, TX - POSTPONED