Beginning on September 1st, you can log miles for The Million Mile either manually on your page or by connecting your account to any of these smartphone applications: MapMyFitness, Fitbit or Strava.
- If you were registered by someone else, the primary registrant will need to log miles on your behalf through their ALSF website account.
- Save all your activities in the apps as visible to everyone/public in order for your page to pull in miles nightly.
- Expand a section below to learn more. Please note that our website does not support Apple Watches nor Samsung Watches at this time.
Automatic Mile Tracking (fitness trackers and apps)
You will see this mile tracking block on your page:
You can use the below fitness apps to connect to your Million Mile page for automatic mile tracking. Click on each mile tracking service for an instructional video of how to connect to each one to your Million Mile page.
Note: Apple Watch, Samsung, and Garmin devices are not directly supported. However, you may be able to install an app above directly to your device.
To connect, click on the app and you will be prompted to login with your user account. You will then be asked to authorize the app and allow it to connect to your Million Mile page. After authorization, the fitness app of your choosing will be connected to your page. You are able to connect to multiple services at a time if needed.
If you need to disconnect an app from your Million Mile page for any reason, click on the yellow gear icon located at the top right corner of the app. Please note that when you disconnect, it will result in the deletion of miles already logged. You will receive a warning pop-up message before you disconnect to confirm your intention.
Manual Mile Tracking
In addition to syncing your miles with an app, you can also track your miles manually. Starting on September 1, click on the pencil icon next to the other mile tracking apps and a September calendar will pop up. Input the number of miles you ran, walked or rode on a given day and click “save.” Your miles will automatically update on your page. Please note that you will only be able to manually add miles on the current day and any days before it.
*Team captains also have the ability to enter miles for any of their team members.
Syncing Your Miles
Starting on September 1, you can start tracking your miles on your Million Mile page. The miles that you log using MapMyFitness, Fitbit and/or Strava will sync to your Million Mile page within 24 hours. If you manually track your miles, the miles will automatically appear on your team page.
If you want to see the miles you log show up on your page immediately, first sync your miles on your fitness app's dashboard and/or phone app. Then, you can click on the “Sync Your Miles” button under the app icons and your page will be updated. Please refresh your browser if you don’t see the changes right away.
If you do not see your miles from Strava, FitBit or MapMyFitness display on your page within 24 hours, please check the following:
- Ensure the miles/workout was saved on the app and your activities are shared publicly. Sometimes a loss of internet connection might prevent it from being saved.
- Log in to the ALSF website and verify your account is connected to your desired app by clicking the "Test Service" option (see screenshot below).
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting to the service. Please click "Disconnect Service" as seen in the screenshot below.
Need additional help? Feel free to email us at [email protected].
Thank you for participating in The Million Mile!