Here are a few tips to making your fundraiser a success. Useful materials, such as ALSF logos and flier templates, are available on our downloads page.
Create excitement about your fundraiser with an introduction to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation leading up to your event.
- A townhall style meeting, a staff meeting, or even a well written email from the head of the company can go a long way in making your event successful. Let your team know about Alex's story, childhood cancer, and the impact Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is having for children fighting cancer. Of course, be sure to let them know they can help with your fundraiser. If you need some resources to help tell Alex’s story, let your event coach know.
- You can even change your email signature to include your ALSF event! Check out a sample of this on our download section.
One of the easiest ways to raise additional funds toward your event is by using your fundraising page or company network.
- When you register you will receive a fundraising page on our website. Share this with your co-workers to let them know about your company’s page. Your fundraising page can be shared with customers, vendors, family and friends via email and social media. This is great way to bring awareness and get some additional donations.
- You can customize your fundraising page, by changing out the text and adding pictures.
- Supporters can donate online, directly to your page!
Prepare and plan for great execution.
- If you are a retailer and fundraising in your store(s), make sure employees have talking points about Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation and childhood cancer (available in our Downloads Section).If you are having a fundraiser in your office location, be sure to have enough volunteers to make the event/stand run smoothly.
Maximize your donations: check with your company to see if they offer Matching Gifts or Dollars for Doers programs.
- Check with your company to see if they offer Matching Gifts or Dollars for Doers programs. Be sure to apply for the match through your company and let us know that your company will be matching your donation. If your company does not match employee charitable donations, consider asking about including a company match as part of your ALSF fundraiser.
- More and more companies are also rewarding employee volunteerism with direct donations to the charities with which they volunteer. Be sure to find out how to make the most of your event!
Bring in your marketing and public relations specialists.
- Letting people know about the good work your company is doing to help kids with cancer will create more awareness for the cause as well as help to raise more funds.
- We are here to help you with any questions regarding media relations and communications. You can email Liz Scott at [email protected] or reach her by phone at 866-333-1213.
Be creative in finding ways to add something extra to your event!
- In addition to lemonade stands, bake sales, dress down days, 50/50 raffles, selling paper lemons, hosting a company happy hour, raffling off a prime parking spot, and department vs. department challenges are just a few ways to add something extra to your event.