Anyone who plays any sport can be a Champion for Kids with Cancer! Whether you are a basketball player scoring points, a goalie making saves, a soccer player scoring goals, a baseball player getting steals or a wrestler tracking pins, there are plenty of ways to participate! Join thousands of student athletes who have already become champions by turning their season’s stats info lifesaving research dollars.
Through a personalized fundraising web page, friends and family can make a one-time donation or pledge a dollar amount per athletic accomplishment. (For example, $2 per point X 50 points = $100 donation to research).
Teams are also welcome to register together and track their achievements throughout the season.
Here’s how to get your Champion season started. You can also view our instructional video.
How to Register
- Go to the Kick-It website. (You will leave our site to register but your donations still go directly to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.)
- Click “Sign Up” in the top right-hand corner
- Fill out your personal information
- Select “Create Your Page Now!” and click on “Champion for Kids with Cancer”
- Click “Create Your Champion Page”
- Fill out your personal information and details on when your season starts and ends. If you’re doing this in honor of someone you know affected by childhood cancer, write their name too
- Select your fundraising goal for the season. Make sure to select what you will be tracking whether it’s goals, points, steals, pins, etc.
- Upload any images that relate to you and your sport
- Choose if you want the event to be public now, or if you want to make edits later before going live. Please note that people will not be able to see your page until you make it public
- Click “Finished,” and you’re all set! Your Champion page will be created and you can now share it with friends
Once you’ve registered, we will be in touch! We will also send you a Champion kit complete with posters, stickers and other items to help you get the most out of your season! If you have any questions, be sure to contact our Champion coach, ALSF Community Engagement Specialist Gayla Carr, at [email protected].