How do I raise money as a Champion?
Utilizing your webpage and its functionality is the quickest and easiest way to fundraise. Through your web page, try any or all of the following:
- Email family, friends and businesses the link to your webpage and ask for their support.
- Linking your player page to social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram can increase donations by an average of 40%.
- Inform your supporters that they can either make a one-time donation towards your goal or pledge a dollar amount for your athletic accomplishments. For example: $2 per point x 50 total points = $100 for kids with cancer
- Use your pledge forms to collect pledges at games, school, family functions and/or in your local community. Ask student groups, family, friends or cheerleaders to collect pledges on game day. Manually enter these pledges onto your webpage when logged in. Each pledgee will receive an automated email to confirm their pledge
What are some other ways that I can fundraise?
- Ask your parents, coaches, teammates and friends to share your story and the link to your webpage on social media or via email.
- Ask student groups, friends or cheerleaders to collect pledges on your pledge sheets, hand out your Champion promo cards and collect donations at games.
- Ask your game day announcer to talk about your campaign throughout your season to gain support and keep your community aware of the good work you are doing.
- Set up a fundraising night (profit share) at a local business or restaurant.
- Sponsorship Opportunities - Contact local businesses to sponsor your Champion’s campaign. Give them the Champion supporter sign to display in their businesses and add their logo to your webpage.
- Collect donations at the concession stand during your games.
- Ask the school if you can hold a 50/50 raffle to support your efforts during one of the games.
- Request a Hero Ambassador to come to one of your games to speak, table or help with other fundraising efforts.