| » View all news titles
|| » View titles this week
||» View titles this month
Join Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation as we commemorate National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and spotlight just how important raising funds and awareness for childhood cancer remains.
Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15 in the United States. This September join us and turn the world gold in honor of childhood cancer! Here are 10 ways you can get involved this September.
- Join The Million Mile! This September teams around the world are logging all the miles they run, walk or ride and together, we will reach 1 million miles for childhood cancer awareness. Want to learn more? Head over to The Million Mile dashboard to sign up today!
- Display your support for ALSF by adding a Twibbon. You can add an image to your Facebook profile picture or your Twitter picture.
- Register for The Lemon Run, held this November in Philadelphia. Start training now and log miles for The Million Mile!
- Follow Alex's legacy of finding a cure one cup at a time and host a lemonade stand in your front yard, at work, at a community event or online! Sign up is easy and we send you all the tools you need to get started!
- Get inspired by our Gold Ribbon Reps! These childhood cancer heroes represent different types of childhood cancer. Read and share their stories to get inspired to make a difference for children fighting childhood cancer.
- If you don't already, follow ALSF on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
- Update your social media cover photos, banners and profile pictures with some of our specially designed shareables just in time for September! You can download the shareables here.
- Purchase a copy of "Alex and the Amazing Lemonade Stand" from our gift shop and gift to your school library. It is the true story of Alexandra "Alex" Scott and courageous, inspiring battle against childhood cancer--using a lemonade stand!
- Read our blog! Updated weekly, the blog contains inspirational stories, ideas for fundraising and awareness building and news from ALSF!
- Give to ALSF to fund research to find better treatments and cures!