| » View all news titles
|| » View titles this week
||» View titles this month
Join Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) as we commemorate National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and spotlight the importance of raising funds and awareness for childhood cancer.
Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15 in the United States. This September, join ALSF and turn the world gold in honor of childhood cancer! Here are 10 ways you can get involved this September.
- Join The Million Mile! This September teams around the world are logging all the miles they run, walk or ride and together, we will reach 1 million miles for childhood cancer awareness. Want to learn more? Head over to The Million Mile page to sign up today!
- Go the extra mile for kids with cancer and sign up for The Million Mile as a Gold Medal Miler! These dedicated participants commit to running/walking 100 miles or cycling 300 miles and raising more than $2,000. Give hope to kids fighting cancer by going gold this September.
- Raise awareness for childhood cancer in your community by purchasing one of the many stellar shirts and other apparel available in Alex's Shop. Look stylish while supporting an amazing cause all month long.
- Get inspired by our childhood cancer heroes! These kids may be affected by different cancers, but they aren't letting that slow them down. Read and share their stories to inspire others to make a difference for children fighting childhood cancer.
- Follow Alex's legacy of finding a cure one cup at a time and host a lemonade stand in your front yard, at work, at a community event or online! Sign up is easy and we send you all the tools you need to get started!
- If you don't already, follow ALSF on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and subscribe on YouTube!
- Update your social media cover photos, banners and profile pictures with some of our specially designed shareables just in time for September! You can download the shareables here.
- Purchase a copy of "Alex and the Amazing Lemonade Stand" from our gift shop and gift to your school library. It is the true story of Alexandra "Alex" Scott and courageous, inspiring battle against childhood cancer --using a lemonade stand!
- Read our blog! Updated weekly, the blog contains inspirational stories, ideas for fundraising and awareness building and news from ALSF!
- Give to ALSF to fund research to find better treatments and cures!