A bar or bat mitzvah is a significant moment in a young Jewish person’s life. As you prepare for your special day, you are likely planning a charitable mitzvah project as well. Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) would be honored to be the charity you choose, and to have you join our fight to help kids with cancer. ALSF allows for all the flexibility you need and creativity you can imagine as you come up with a fundraiser to host for a cause everyone can rally behind.
Along with your actual fundraiser, you can set up your own online event page and ask others to support your mitzvah project. This way, you can share your story about why you chose to support ALSF and send a link to family and friends to collect donations from people who want to support you but can’t physically make it to an event.
A mitzvah project is a wonderful opportunity for a young man or woman to make a difference for a cause they feel strongly about. Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation gives you the reins while also providing an event coach from the Foundation to help you every step of the way.
Together, we can make a difference! Explore ideas below, and feel free to reach out to [email protected] or 866-333-1213 for more ideas or to answer any questions.
Mitzvah project ideas include:
- Create Your Own Event - Plan a fun run, a bake sale, a pajama day, a tournament and more.
- Host an Alex’s Lemonade Stand - Our signature event! Set up a lemonade stand during Sunday school, at sporting or community events, and at popular locations near you.
- The Million Mile - Participate in our month-long virtual fundraising program this September, national childhood cancer awareness month. Create a team and log all the miles ran, walked and biked while fundraising along the way!
- Collect Spare Change with Our Coin Boxes - Every penny – and nickel, dime and quarter! – counts in our coin collection program. It’s a simple way to give tzedekah and make a difference.
- Host a Kick-It Event - Host a kickball tournament with our Kick-It program and kick cancer to the curb!
- Be a Champion - Are you a student athlete? Join our Champions for Kids with Cancer program! Friends and family can make a one-time donation or pledge a dollar amount per athletic accomplishment (touchdowns, goals, hits, etc).
- Donate in Lieu of Party Favors - We are happy to provide you with beautiful table cards you can display to inform your guests that you have made a generous contribution to the battle against childhood cancer in their honor.