Welcome to the 15th Annual Lemon Ball: A Virtual Gala
Watch our inspiring virtual program from 1/16/21!
Please explore all the Lemon Ball Cocktail Reception has to offer!
Simply click on the image of your choice and enjoy.
Please refresh the page if you experience any trouble opening links.
Alex and the Amazing Lemonade Stand was written by Liz and Jay Scott, the parents of Alexandra “Alex” Scott. Learn about Alex, the founder of ALSF, by viewing this special reading of the book by childhood cancer heroes.
ALSF childhood cancer hero families are invited to stop in and say hello to one another. Mingle with friends, old and new, and see how fellow hero families are celebrating at home. Enter the code 773915, if you are prompted to provide a password to join.
Capture your Lemon Ball memories through the virtual photo booth. Enter to snap a selfie decorated with an exclusive Lemon Ball frame. Your photos will be sent to you via email.
Learn about three important childhood cancer projects and vote for the one you want to see funded the most. Volvo Cars will provide $10,000 of funding for the project that receives the most votes!
Order and customize merchandise that will be sent to you following the event. Premium guests have a special discount code that allows them to check out for free!
To kick off the evening, join us for a live chat on Zoom with Liz Scott and the Adkins family to hear their inspirational story about hero, Lily. The chat will begin at approx. 6:30 PM ET. Enter the code 657538, if you are prompted to provide a password to join.
Check out the exclusive Q&A with Bravo TV’s Top Chef, Jennifer Carroll. Then follow along with a demo of the signature Lemon Ball dish, cacio e pepe!
Before you see her Lemon Ball performance during the main program, get to know musical artist, Bianca Ryan. This talented singer-songwriter has an inspiring story to share.
Access supplemental documents to enhance your virtual cocktail experience here.
What is the timeline for the event?
Please note all times are approximate and are listed in Eastern Time Zone.
- 6:00-7:00 pm: Virtual Pre-Event Cocktail Reception
- 7:00 pm: Main Program and Welcome from Hosts
- 7:30 pm: Awards Presentations
- 7:45 pm: Auction Highlights and Fund A Cure
- 8:00 pm: Closing Remarks from Hosts and Close of Raffle
- 8:15 pm: Virtual After Party featuring BVT Live!
- 8:45 pm: Event Concludes
- 10:00 pm: Close of Auction
What programming is available during the Virtual Cocktail Reception?
- A reading of ‘Alex and the Amazing Lemonade Stand’ by childhood cancer heroes
- Misgif Photobooth Presented by Northwestern Mutual
- Fund A Project Presented by Volvo Cars
- Access to the Lemon Ball Merchandise Shop; Premium Guests receive complimentary merchandise!
- Mixology Tutorial with Aaron Gordon of 13th Street Cocktails in partnership with Tito's Handmade Vodka*
- Signature Dish Demo and Q&A with Chef Jennifer Carroll
- Q&A with America’s Got Talent Singer and Lemon Ball performer, Bianca Ryan
- Live Zoom Conversation with Liz Scott and The Adkins Family, a childhood cancer hero family
- Hero Family Zoom Hangout Room
Guests must be 21 years of age or older to view the mixology tutorial with Aaron Gordon in partnership with Tito’s Handmade Vodka
How do I use the live chat box during the program?
We invite and strongly encourage you to interact with us during the program using the live chat feature. To chat with us and other guests, enter your name in the chat box located under the program video. Next, accept the terms of service by checking the box and then click ‘Join.’ You will be able to view everything your fellow guests have to say about the program and add your own commentary! Your comments will be visible to us, as well as all guests. Please take advantage of this feature. We would love to hear from you!
What technology is used during the Virtual Lemon Ball?
- Virtual Pre-Event Cocktail Reception: Videos will be hosted on YouTube. Our photobooth and custom merchandise shop are hosted with 3rd party websites, Misgif and Shopify. The live hero family conversation and hero family zoom hangout will be held on Zoom. Please note guests' screens may be viewable during these Zoom meetings.
- Virtual Program and After Party: Our program and after party will be hosted on Vimeo. There will be a live chat feature available for guests to interact on. Guests will not be visible during this portion of the event.
- Auction, Raffle and Fund A Cure: All transactions related to the auction, raffle and fund a cure will be hosted on our mobile bidding software, Event.gives.
What device should I use to participate in the Virtual Lemon Ball?
For the best viewing experience, we suggest guests use a computer, however all event elements can also be accessed through a mobile device or tablet.
How do I interact with other guests?
Guests have a few options for interacting before, during and after the event. Planning a Zoom, Google, or Facetime hangout with your friends is a great way to kick things off, watch the program together, or keep the party going. If you know other guests who are attending this year, we encourage you to set up you own virtual get together to reminisce about past Lemon Balls, view the event, and stay connected from a distance. You can meet virtually on one device and enjoy the Lemon Ball together on another! During the cocktail reception, guests will have the option to see each other and chat in our two Zoom rooms. Lastly, during the program all guests will have access to chat with one another in the Vimeo live chat box. We encourage as much interaction as possible!
Who is receiving the 2021 Alex Scott Crystal Cup Awards?
Over the years, Five Below has grown into a remarkable partner for ALSF alongside their rise as a retail leader. Their trademark campaign features stores selling lemon pin-ups at the register. Their employees (known as “The Wow Crew”) have even unleashed their passion by creating custom lemonade stands in select stores with yellow and lemon-themed product displays, and signing pin-ups to promote the in-store campaign! Last year, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, they raised an unbelievable $1.1 million in just 21 days.
Suzanne Goin, David Lentz and Caroline Styne
As the co-founders of L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade, these esteemed members of the culinary community have transformed this annual event into one of the premier foodie experiences in L.A. Since its first year in 2009, the event has grown to welcome more than 2,000 guests to enjoy dishes and drinks from some of the best chefs, vintners and mixologists in the world. That’s a recipe for fundraising success – and under their leadership, the event has resulted in millions raised to find safer, more effective treatments.
What should I wear?
There is no official dress code to follow, but we are still encouraging guests to embody the spirit of the in-person event by getting festive! This year, “yellow tie” apparel is not required. If you want to dress formal, go for it. If you prefer casual chic, that’s great too! You can share photos from your Lemon Ball setup with us on social media by tagging @AlexsLemonade. Keep in mind, for most of the night you will not be visible to other guests. During the program, you will not be on camera but can interact through the chat box.
What is this year’s raffle prize?
- Turgeon Jewelers Diamond Hoop Earrings
- Stay dazzling and don't miss out on the Turgeon Jewelers Raffle for a chance to win a pair of 2ct Diamond Inside Outside Hoop Earrings in 14K White Gold valued at $4,000. Tickets are $25 each and there are 400 up for grabs! The grand prize winner will be announced LIVE at the conclusion of our program. Will you be the lucky person to win the stunning diamond earrings? *Prize will be shipped to the winner immediately following the event.
How do I bid on auction items?
Our auction opens on January 11! We are using mobile bidding powered by Event.gives. Browse and bid on items using a computer, mobile device or tablet. To register, text ‘lemonball’ to 843.606.5995 or visit https://event.gives/lemonball . The auction will remain open until 10:00pm ET on Saturday, January 16. When the auction closes, winners will be notified by text message in which they will receive a link to complete payment. ALSF will reach out to winners to organize redemption immediately following the event. If you have auction-related inquiries, please contact Allison Goldstein at [email protected]
How do I donate during Fund A Cure?
Guests can donate during Fund A Cure by clicking the ‘Make a Donation’ button located under the chat box. Guests can also donate through our mobile bidding software. Those who have registered with Event.gives will receive a text message with a hyperlink that prompts them to donate in any amount. Guests also can open Event.gives by either clicking on the lemon icon situated in the lower right corner of their Vimeo screen, or by visiting https://event.gives/lemonball/donate on their computer, mobile device or tablet. You can donate during the Fund A Cure segment or at any time throughout the program.
Are there other ways to donate?
Beyond the live Fund A Cure segment of our program, guests can donate on Event.gives by clicking here, on ALSF’s website by clicking here or Premium Guests can mail back their donation card that was provided in their Gift Box. If you have any questions pertaining to donations, please contact Jennifer O’Malley at [email protected].
For Premium Guests: I have a question pertaining to my gift box, GrubHub e-gift card, complimentary merchandise or shipping.
Any Premium Guests who have questions pertaining to their gift box, GrubHub e-gift card, complimentary merchandise or shipping can contact Jennifer O’Malley at [email protected] .
Auction, Raffle & Fund-A-Cure
Our auction is open! We are using mobile bidding powered by Event.gives. Browse and bid on items and purchase raffle tickets using a computer, mobile device or tablet. The raffle will remain open until 8:00pm ET on Saturday, January 16. The raffle winner will be announced live at the end of the program. The auction will remain open until 10:00pm ET on Saturday, January 16. All winners will be notified by text message in which they will receive a link to complete payment. ALSF will reach out to winners to organize redemption immediately following the event. If you have auction-related inquiries, please contact Allison Goldstein at [email protected].
Sponsors and Benefactors
Thank you to the incredible 2021 sponsors and benefactors that made this evening possible.
Rebecca and Bill Sanders
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Cellular Therapy and Transplant Section
- Inspira Marketing
- Lamb McErlane PC
- Pilot Freight Services
- Rita's Franchise Company, LLC
- EisnerAmper LLP
- Oasis Property Group
- PCH Technologies
- Sila Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing
- Spire Builders
- TD Bank
- XTIVIA, Inc.
- NJM Insurance Group
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Thrivos Consulting LLC
- CBS3/CW Philly
- Advanced Staging Productions
- Jocelyn and John Hillman
- Stephanie and Chip Olson
- The Kordsmeier Family
- Claire and Jeff Black
- The Johnson Family
- Dori Peterman Mostov and Charles Mostov
- Erin Flynn-Blair and Kevin Blair
- Fern and Craig Silverman
- Toba and Mitchell Spector