This role is integral in serving families of children with cancer who access our programs. This position will reside within the Data & Information Services (DIS) department and will report to the DIS Manager, but will work closely with the Programs Department. This person will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of Salesforce, accurately maintaining family records in Salesforce, creating a smooth experience for researchers and reviewers, and ensuring that ALSF is making the most of Salesforce to assist families. This person will also create reports that provide insight into families, hospitals served, average expenditure, etc. This role will use data and technology to directly impact children with cancer and their families.
- Collaborate with other team members to track programs in Salesforce and lead efforts to help ALSF use Salesforce to its fullest.
- Edit and build applications for families and researcher to apply for support from ALSF and create associated automations within Salesforce. As well as build review forms for external reviewers to access and maintain the portal for both applicants and reviewers.
- Monitor Salesforce automations and make adjustments to ALSF’s Salesforce account to resolve errors.
- Maintain Salesforce updates and manage internal licenses. Liaise between Salesforce and ALSF.
- Suggest improvements on how to process program applications more efficiently and better manage the data from grants and childhood cancer families that ALSF supports.
- Provide Salesforce support for members of ALSF’s Programs department and for grant applicants.
- Process applications for childhood cancer families seeking support from ALSF.
- Manage records of families supported to ensure accuracy and completion, merge duplicate records, and update data on families’ records.
- Report on and interpret program metrics to help ALSF’s Programs Department better understand their program performance.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Traits for success in this role include:
- At least 2 years of experience in data management and analysis is preferred. Applicants with experience in Salesforce will be prioritized.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. A team player, who can work closely with others.
- Passionate about the mission of ALSF to help children with cancer and their families.
- Demonstrates high level analytical thinking and problem solving skills, especially as is related to processes with many components.
- Independent learner, who possesses an eagerness to understand how things work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently, and autonomously to manage detailed tasks.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and why you are the right fit for the position to [email protected].
In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.