The Board of Directors for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is dedicated to helping us grow and succeed in fulfilling our vision of finding a cure for childhood cancer. Our Board recognizes the importance of staying true to Alex's front yard beginnings and they are committed to making sure we keep the integrity and goodwill upon which Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is built.
- Mary Austen (Board Chair), President and CEO of Tierney
- Kristin Kelly (Board Vice Chair), Founder of Wander
- Larry Vincent (Board Treasurer), Associate Professor of the Practice of Marketing at USC Marshall School of Business; Founder of Conclusive
- Marc Bruno, Chief Operating Officer of Aramark
- Eric Clair, Principal at BDT & Company
- Stephen Cohn, Co-President of Sage Financial Group
- Joel Frank, Managing Partner at Lamb McErlane, PC
- Michael Harad, Global Client Service Partner at EY
- Jocelyn Hillman, Parent Advocate
- Gianna Jackson, Attorney and Corporate Social Responsibility Professional
- Billy King, Radio Host/TV Analyst
- Meena Mansharamani, President of Intend Growth, LLC
- Sue Naegle, Entertainment Executive and Producer
- Chip Olson, President & CEO of The Olson Research Group, Inc.
- Jay Scott, Alex’s Father, Co-Executive Director of Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
- Liz Scott, Alex’s Mother, Co-Executive Director of Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
- Jeff Snyder, President of Inspira Marketing Group
A Message From Our Board
Keeping the Trust
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation was created through Alex Scott’s desire to help her doctors heal children with cancer. She has passed on a clear and remarkably effective vision.
When Liz and Jay Scott decided to create a permanent Foundation, they wanted, above all else, to retain the integrity of what Alex started on her front lawn several years ago.
Through Alex we were given a trust that needs to be nurtured in order to grow. It is the job of the Board of Directors of Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation to keep that trust by helping Liz and Jay grow the Foundation in the right way.
How do we do that?
First, we do it by applying volunteer expertise in fields as diverse as law, accounting, marketing, nonprofit management, and philanthropy to help manage our growth. And we continue to involve the many voices of volunteers, children, and parents in all that we do.
Secondly, we work with an internationally recognized medical advisory group that provides the board with the expertise to know that our resources will have the most impact.
Thirdly, we focus on maintaining high ethical standards in how we raise money, manage the organization, and provide grants and support. Our standards reflect the respect we have for every child and adult that steps forward to volunteer and make a donation of time or money.
And finally, we do it by keeping our strategy simple and straightforward in the spirit of Alex and thousands of children that battle childhood cancer and remain optimistic and caring.
What do we mean by simple and straightforward?
We mean that every donor counts. We mean that the ability to change things is sometimes right in our front yard. We mean that the Lemonade Stand belongs to all of us who step forward. We mean that extraordinary things are in the hands of ordinary people.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, you can count on us to keep the trust!
The Advisory Council for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) provides guidance and creates opportunities to advance ALSF’s national development and outreach efforts. The Advisory Council is composed of distinguished individuals from a wide range of industries.
- William Bender II, MT, CFP®, CIMA® at Bender Private Wealth Management
- Jeff Benjamin, Restauranteur, COO of Vetri Cucina, Board Member and Investor in Federal Donuts
- Beth Besner, Co-founder of I Care I Cure
- Meredith Boice, Administration Officer of URBN
- Marty Connor, CFO of Toll Brothers
- Mark Eason, Career Restaurant Executive
- Melissa Hariri, Executive Director Communications at Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar
- Harry Hayman, Director and Partner at PNB LLC
- John Hill, President and Chief Commercial Officer of Pilot, a Maersk Company
- Steven M. Greenbaum, Esq., Senior Vice President & General Counsel at TradeStation Securities, Inc
- Karina Jaramillo-Saa, Head of Partnerships and Experiential Marketing at Volvo Cars
- Adam Kaliner, Founding Partner and COO of Power Home Remodeling Group
- Steve Kislow, CEO of Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
- David Makuen, CEO of Citi Trends
- Ben Morris, CEO of Coaster Cycles
- Danielle Moss, Co-Founder of Anecdote and The Everygirl
- Patrick Murray, CEO of STP Investment Services
- Heather Neary, Executive Vice President, General Manager of KBP Investments, Taco Bell division
- Lara Price, COO of Philadelphia 76ers
- Steve Radke, President of Northwestern Mutual Foundation and Vice President of Government and Community Relations at Northwestern Mutual
- Dave Rinaldo, President of ALDI US
- Marc Summers, Television Personality and Producer
- Ira Tauber, President of TRIOSE
- Matthew Wallace, CEO, Co-Founder of DXM Inc
- Mark Walsh, Senior Vice President of Sales at Alpine Intel