Board of Directors
The Board of Directors for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is dedicated to helping us grow and succeed in fulfilling our vision of finding a cure for childhood cancer. Our Board recognizes the importance of staying true to Alex's front yard beginnings and they are committed to making sure we keep the integrity and goodwill upon which Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is built.
- Joel Frank (Board Chair), Managing Partner, Lamb McErlane, PC
- Marc Bruno (Vice Chair), Chief Operating Officer of ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment
- Tim Lung (Board Secretary), Partner, KPMG
- Mary Austen, President and CEO of Tierney
- Stephen Cohn, Co-President Sage Financial Group
- Michael Harad, Global Client Service Partner, EY
- Jocelyn Hillman, Parent Advocate
- Gianna Jackson, Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility for TIAA-CREF
- Jeffrey Kaliner, Founding Partner of Power Home Remodeling Group
- Kristin Kelly, Former Branding and Merchandising Executive, Lancome and Cole Haan
- Billy King, Former GM of the Philadelphia 76ers and Brooklyn Nets
- Meena Mansharamani, President of Intend Growth, LLC
- Sue Naegle, President, Annapurna Television
- Chip Olson, President & CEO, The Olson Research Group, Inc.
- Jay Scott, Alex’s Father, Co-Executive Director of Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
- Liz Scott, Alex’s Mother, Co-Executive Director of Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
- Jeff Snyder, President of Inspira Marketing Group
- Larry Vincent, Chief Branding Officer, UTA
- Ann Weiser, Vice President of Human Resources, Chicago Cubs
A Message From Our Board
Keeping the Trust
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation was created through Alex Scott’s desire to help her doctors heal children with cancer. She has passed on a clear and remarkably effective vision.
When Liz and Jay Scott decided to create a permanent Foundation, they wanted, above all else, to retain the integrity of what Alex started on her front lawn several years ago.
Through Alex we were given a trust that needs to be nurtured in order to grow. It is the job of the Board of Directors of Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation to keep that trust by helping Liz and Jay grow the Foundation in the right way.
How do we do that?
First, we do it by applying volunteer expertise in fields as diverse as law, accounting, marketing, nonprofit management, and philanthropy to help manage our growth. And we continue to involve the many voices of volunteers, children, and parents in all that we do.
Secondly, we work with an internationally recognized medical advisory group that provides the board with the expertise to know that our resources will have the most impact.
Thirdly, we focus on maintaining high ethical standards in how we raise money, manage the organization, and provide grants and support. Our standards reflect the respect we have for every child and adult that steps forward to volunteer and make a donation of time or money.
And finally, we do it by keeping our strategy simple and straightforward in the spirit of Alex and thousands of children that battle childhood cancer and remain optimistic and caring.
What do we mean by simple and straightforward?
We mean that every donor counts. We mean that the ability to change things is sometimes right in our front yard. We mean that the Lemonade Stand belongs to all of us who step forward. We mean that extraordinary things are in the hands of ordinary people.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, you can count on us to keep the trust!