By: Trish Adkins
By now, kids everywhere are heading back-to-school. And even though the school year looks a little different with social distancing guidelines and remote learning, it is still an exciting time for kids as they mark a new grade, explore new challenges and make new friends!
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation’s hero families — those families who have been directly impacted by childhood cancer — shared some of their first-day pictures with us. Here’s how childhood cancer heroes and SuperSibs are kicking off the 2020-2021 school year, in feel-good style:
1. Hero Morgan went gold in honor of kids battling cancer.
2. Heroes and Supersibs were first day ready and shared their photos with ALSF on Facebook.
3. Ependymoma survivor Ryan kicked off 7th-grade hybrid school, with a hybrid outfit.
4. SuperSib Maggie kicked off her freshman year at Temple University, majoring in broadcast journalism.
5. SuperSibs Brendan and Tommy started their first day of 6th and 4th-grade remote learning, with their brother Declan watching over them.
6. The Littlefields — led by hero Lucy — kicked off their virtual learning this week (no shoes required).
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation is launching a social media campaign inspired by ALSF founder, Alex Scott’s positive outlook in times of uncertainty. We want to know how you are making lemonade out of lemons during this time - whether by learning new skills, getting creative, connecting with family or friends through video chat or doing something else that puts a sweet smile on your faces! Share your special moments with us on social media using the hashtag #MakeAlexsLemonade.