L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade
Saturday, September 8, 2018
Royce Quad at UCLA
Be a part of raising money for pediatric cancer research and L.A Love's Alex's Lemonade by joining the 2018 L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade Kids Campaign! The Kids Campaign was started in 2015 and in just three years has raised over $100,000 to fund childhood cancer research! Sign up now to fundraise, it’s easy – host a lemonade stand or bake sale, share your efforts with friends and family or dream up an event of your own!
How Do I Get Involved In The Kids Campaign?
- Confirm participation by providing your child(ren)’s names to Kori Bernards at [email protected].
- Attend the kick-off party June 2 from 3pm to 5pm where kids will hear the inspirational story of pediatric cancer survivor, Alex Keir, as well as make signs and learn the tricks of the trade. Once you are signed up, Kori will provide more details.
- Launch a personalized page on the Kids’ Campaign website. If they are on a team, we encourage you to create your own fundraising page: use your children’s names first, then the team name (having your own page is easier to navigate).
- Raise money throughout the summer at lemonade stands or online!
- Celebrate on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade at UCLA’s Royce Hall by presenting a check to Liz and Jay Scott (Alex’s parents)!
What Is Your Child Signing Up To Do?
- Each child commits to raising $250. IT’S EASY! Most kids reach their goal after holding one or two lemonade stands and sending an email to relatives with request for support.
- At L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade on September 8, the Kids Campaign members will celebrate by presenting a check to the Scott family. All Kids’ Campaign members will be admitted free and one parent from each family involved will also be admitted free (additional tickets are $195). Other family members can buy tickets here.
What Is L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade?
Each chef and mixologist prepares a signature item for guests to sample. Guests have the opportunity to stroll the lawn of UCLA, tasting incredible fare while meeting and chatting with the chefs who prepared it. L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade is hosted by Chef Suzanne Goin and business partner Caroline Styne (Lucques, a.o.c., Tavern) along with Chef David Lentz (The Hungry Cat). The event has raised more than $5.8 million to fund childhood cancer research, raising more than $1.3 million at the 2017 event alone. This fun and family-friendly afternoon with one-of-a-kind food and drink samplings is interspersed with inspiring childhood cancer hero stories and updates on the Foundation’s mission to find a cure. In addition, a silent and live auction of spectacular items is held including award-winning chefs offering to work their magic in the kitchens of the highest bidders.
In 2000, Alexandra “Alex” Scott, a young cancer patient, announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer. Through annual lemonade stands and support from the thousands of people inspired by her spirit and determination, she was able to raise $1 million before passing away at the age of 8 from her cancer. Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) honors Alex’s courage and generosity and carries on her mission of curing childhood cancers. Today, ALSF is one of the leading funders of pediatric cancer research in the U.S.
L.A.Loves Alex’s Lemonade Kids’ Campaign
Since 2015, the Kids’ Campaign members present a check to Alex’s parents with their earnings. With your child/children involved, we can do even more to support the fight against childhood cancer. Thanks for considering the L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade Kids’ Campaign.
Lemons to Lemonade - Sunday, June 3 2018, 1 pm - 4 pm PST (13019 Otsego Street, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423)
*The Kids' Campaign is designed for kids under the age of 12. Attendance at the L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade event is not required to participate. Kids that attend the event must be accompanied by an adult that is registered for the event.
Fundraisers with Recent Donations
|Fundraising Page Name||Location||Amount|
|Family Lefebvre Bastille Day Lemonade Stand||Sherman Oaks, CA||$2,295|
|Billy's Lemonade Stand||Pacific Palisades, CA||$525|
|Levi, Sam and Izzy’s Lemonade Stands||Beverly Hills, CA||$4,925|
|Ev and Riv’s Give Stand||Los Angeles, CA||$621|
|ALEX FOR ALEX 2018||Los Angeles, CA||$3,935|
|Sophie and Olivia’s Lemonade Stand||Santa monica, CA||$800|
|Kids Campaign||Bala Cynwyd, PA||$5,000|
|2018 Kids Campaign||Los Angeles, CA||$2,197|
|Caroline's Life Changing Lemonade Stand 2018||Los Angeles, CA||$672|
|The Brothers Lentz 2018||Los Angeles, CA||$2,580|