Here you will find free lesson plans and activities to help you incorporate ALSF into your school day or a day home with your kids. These resources involve both academic skills that align with core standards, and character-building activities to strengthen students’ positive traits and interpersonal skills.
Jump to a Topic
- Character Development Lessons and Activities
- Common Core-Aligned Lesson Plans
- Standards-Based Music Lessons and Resources
- Lesson Plan Templates
- Fundraising Ideas
The goal of these Character Development lessons and activities is to instill a sense of generosity, kindness, and compassion in children and teens that they can carry with them to adulthood. They have been written for a younger audience, but most can easily be adapted for middle or high school students.
- Celebrating Our Differences
- Celebrating Our Differences Venn Diagram
- Showing Resilience
- Compassion, Sympathy, and Empathy
- Breaking Big Goals into Solvable Steps
- Friendship Bridges
- 5 “W”s of Helping Others
- 5 “W”s Visual Examples
- WHO do you want to be when you grow up?
- WHO do you want to be when you grow up? Trait Examples
These ELA and Math lessons can be implemented alongside your daily curricula as they align with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). These free downloadable lesson plans are listed based on target skill or objective.
Lessons to Accompany Alex and the Amazing Lemonade Stand
- Book Request
- Short and Long Vowel Sounds
- Rhyming Words
- Characters and Setting
- Sorting Main Events
- Character Traits
- Main Idea and Details
- Causes and Effects
- Building Fluency
- 5 “W”s of Comprehension
- 5 “W”s Visual Examples
- Making “Lemons out of Lemonade”
- Persuasive Writing
- Persuasive Writing Anchor Chart Idea
- Research Project: Kids Can Change the World
- Addition and Subtraction Word Problems
- Addition and Subtraction Keyword Charts
- Creating and Describing Arrays
- Comparing Numbers with Place Value
- Comparing Numbers Activity
- Division Word Problems
- Equivalent Fractions
Here you will find song lyrics and an audio guide to make the concept of 'making lemons into lemonade' more concrete. The accompanying lesson plans focus on a younger audience, but children of all ages are invited to perform the song vocally or on a musical instrument.
- "When Life Gives You Lemons" Lyrics
- Kindergarten Lesson Plan - Beat and Melody
- Grade 1 Lesson Plan - Beat, Melody, and Reasons to Write a Song
- Lemons to Lemonade Poster
- Download audio file here (.mid format)
Make the ALSF experience your own with these free downloadable templates. Each file includes a different lesson plan format. They can be edited to suit both your class’s needs and your personal teaching style.
- Lesson Plan Template 1: Outline of Lesson Introduction and Activity
- Lesson Plan Template 2: “I do”, “We do”, “You do”
- Lesson Plan Template 3: The 5 “e” Lesson Plan
- Lesson Plan Template 4: Teacher and Student Actions
- Lesson Plan Template 5: Various Ability Levels
Ready to host your own event? Here is a list of possible fundraising ideas for your class or your school, which can take place within or outside of the school day. Here’s the best part: nearly all of them can be enjoyed year-round and in any climate!