Finding and understanding pediatric cancer clinical trial options can be very challenging. ALSF is working to change that. Beyond the research projects ALSF has funded, there are many clinical trials available to pediatric cancer patients without a straightforward way of finding the right one. We are here to help.
What is ALSF Clinical Trials Navigation?
The ALSF Clinical Trials Navigator conducts personalized searches to provide a list of pediatric oncology clinical trial options within the United States for families and oncologists to consider. Along the way, we are here to answer questions, provide support, and identify resources to help make the process of choosing and enrolling in a clinical trial as smooth as possible.
*Disclaimer: Information provided by ALSF’s Clinical Trials Navigator is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
How Does ALSF Clinical Trials Navigation Work?
- Parents or members of the oncology medical team can request this free service
- Study types may include: interventional treatment options, improving outcomes, supportive care, or survivorship
- After receiving the Clinical Trials Search Request, the Navigator will
- Follow up with a brief consultation to verify information for the search
- Conduct a detailed search of all trials that meet the patient’s specific needs
- Contact trial sites to ensure enrollment is active and can be included in the final search results
- Send final search results as well as tools and tips for making the enrollment process as seamless as possible
- Follow up to help answer questions and provide any further assistance needed
- Provide additional referrals for other related resources (travel assistance, emotional support, financial support, etc.)
What Childhood Cancer Types are Supported?
ALSF Clinical Trials Navigation matches families with pediatric cancer clinical trials for all types of cancer including:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- Central Nervous System (CNS) Tumors
- Ewing Sarcoma
- Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Myeloid Leukemia
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Wilms tumor
- Rare Pediatric Cancers
- All other types
Request a Clinical Trials Search
Register on the ALSF Family Services portal to apply for programs and services, update your contact information, and communicate directly with program staff.
Request a Clinical Trials Search:
To sign up for services without creating an ALSF Family Services Account, use the Quick Referral link.
For Healthcare Professionals:
Due to the volume of requests for our programs, Healthcare Professionals must register and submit requests on the ALSF Family Services portal. This allows you to track submitted requests, update your contact information, and communicate directly with program staff.
Request a Clinical Trials Search:
Reach out with questions! [email protected]
Request More Information about ALSF Clinical Trials Navigation
Complete our family services form with your information and check the "Finding Clinical Trials" box under resources.
Other ALSF Programs and Services