The My Childhood Cancer: Survey Series (MCC: Survey Series) is currently under construction and will be back soon. Fill out the form below to be notified when The MCC: Survey Series construction is completed.
About the MCC Survey Series
The MCC: Survey Series aims to understand the different ways childhood cancer can impact families. It works by collecting information through anonymous surveys which are answered over time by families who have experienced childhood cancer. The series of surveys captures a global view of family dynamics, activities, behaviors and attitudes to understand the short-term and long-term impact of childhood cancer on the whole family unit. The cumulative findings from the surveys will be made available to the childhood cancer community to identify influences and subsequent risk factors to families, as well as quantify unmet needs with the hopes that support programs can be created to address these identified areas. As more families share their experiences through MCC: Survey Series, it will become an increasingly powerful tool!
How It Works
If you have a child who received a childhood cancer diagnosis, your experiences could help make a difference for other families. Many families have registered and already made critical contributions to this project by completing surveys and sharing their perspectives on how childhood cancer has affected their families. The information collected is critical to understanding risk factors, quantifying unmet needs and allocating essential resources to support families.
- Register online and your registration information will let us know what surveys you are eligible to take.
- Based on eligibility, participants will be invited to complete two surveys per year about their experience with childhood cancer.
- Registered participants will have the option to complete additional surveys.
- The survey data is tabulated and analyzed.
- Key results from the surveys (all personal information will be kept anonymous) are shared with each participating family and raw data with researchers, who will use it to identify common variables among childhood cancer families and to identify critical resources and needs.
Who Can Join:
Anyone with interest in or experience with childhood cancer can join My Childhood Cancer: Survey Series. We encourage participation from all over the world but you must be 18 years or older to register. You can participate in three different ways.
- Surveys are currently available for parents or legal guardians of children diagnosed with childhood cancer under the age of 18. Even if it has been several years since your child was diagnosed with cancer, we still invite you to participate.
- Surveys will also be available for others with childhood cancer experience such as childhood cancer survivors.
- Others are invited to join the project and let us know their connection to childhood cancer and stay connected with My Childhood Cancer: Survey Series.
We hope you will join us on our journey to make a difference in the lives of children and families affected by childhood cancer!