Donor Relations and Development Coordinator
Our Vision is to cure childhood cancer, one cup at a time. Your Vision is to use your critical-thinking skills and remarkable talents to make a difference in the world.
Join Team Alex and let’s work together to give kids fighting cancer the childhood and future they deserve!
About Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of 4-year-old Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was fighting cancer and wanted to raise money to find cures for all children with cancer. Her spirit and determination inspired others to support her cause, and when she passed away at the age of 8, she had raised $1 million. Since then, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement. Today, ALSF is one of the leading funders of pediatric cancer research in the U.S. and Canada raising more than $175 million so far, funding nearly 1,000 research projects and providing programs to families affected by childhood cancer. For more information, visit AlexsLemonade.org.
ALSF has an immediate opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Donor Relations and Development Coordinator to join our growing team of dedicated professionals. In this high-visibility role, you will work closely with the Development Manager to develop and execute an integrated strategic plan for the Foundation's donor relationship and development program. Included will be strategies focused on donor stewardship and cultivation across all levels and types of ALSF supporters. Areas of focus will include donor funds, planned giving, monthly giving, and overseeing donor stewardship activities across the organization.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing a strategy to increase and retain our monthly donors, called the One Cup at a Time Club.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing a strategy to build planned giving at Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, called the Alexandra Scott Legacy Society.
- Coordinating and growing our gifts from non-traditional giving platforms
- Coordinating and growing our ALSF Hero Funds program
- Planning and coordinating a strategy for acknowledgment, stewardship and recognition across a wide variety of ALSF supporters including direct donors and special events participants
- Providing creative ideas for ways to engage with our supporters in a more meaningful way
- Examining donor retention, and creating a program to improve our donor retention rate
- Support the Development Manager as needed in the Major Gifts Program, as well as the Charity Partnerships Program, which consists of other cancer-focused charities who fund pediatric cancer research through ALSF
- Other daily and long term projects as assigned by the Development Manager
Required Competencies and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of development and donor relations experience in a dynamic nonprofit setting, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience creating and maintaining a multi-million dollar fundraising portfolio, including a planned giving, monthly giving, individual giving and/or an annual fund
- Firsthand experience supporting a major gifts officer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – the ability to communicate with passion and meaning to a wide variety of audiences
- Highly capable and self-motivated
- Extremely likable and engaging personality
- Continuous improvement orientation, with commitment to excellence
- Superior outreach, communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding project management and organization skills
- High energy and enthusiasm for ALSF’s mission
- Attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and see them through from concept to completion
- Capacity to anticipate challenges and offer solutions
- Experience in constituent management databases preferred, including Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or Netsuite
- Able to work either alone or as part of a team
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Able and willing to go above and beyond to successfully accomplish tasks
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast-paced environment
The successful candidate will thrive in ALSF’s fast-paced, team-oriented environment and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our continued growth. They will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our organization’s mission and our department’s goals. This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining the ALSF Development Team, please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest and why you would be the right fit for this position, as well as salary requirements, to [email protected]. In the interest of expediting our process, only candidates who submit cover letters with resumes will be considered.